By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty Ghosts Sales on PS4...WTF?

Bristow9091 said:
What about people that bought the game but not the console? I've got a copy of Ghosts and ACIV right beside me... and no PS4 to play them on, lol

Good point.

I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U when it launched in March, but didn't get the console until 3 weeks ago.

Around the Network

This is Vgchartz those numbers are more than likely wrong, surely you've learnt this by now.

well oddly enough even with all those sales their is only 30,000 people playing cod every time a log on, so I don't know if that means people are having trouble connecting or if they are busy playing other games.

Easily...

Boringfield 4? I don't want.
Killzone bad metas? I will buy but it won't be my main game.
Knack? No, thanks.
Resogun? It's free... so I already have it.
Assassin's Creed 4? More boring than Boringfiled 4.

Ohhhhhhhh give me my old, fun and good CoD please.

its in america what else did you expect? everyone and their moms plays call of duty and watches reality tv.

Around the Network

The PS4 owners and the Xbox One owner on my job all bought Call of Duty Ghosts. Again, it blows my mind. Having to have a game console on day one so that they could play a game available on consoles they already own. Is it that much better!?

I believe it. Battlefield 4 is not that great. Killzone is decent and it sold pretty well and Knack was garbage from what I read. I trash COD for being a recycled game but it's still pretty fun. I have the Wii U version because I like the off screen and Wii mote play but I get that people would want the new version. COD still has a good 3 - 4 years before it is completely dead.

When you have the most popular console, the most popular franchises probably sells better on your console.
Besides that, the early adopters are the most casuals. Why do you think ea games selled so well?

Hardcore gaming is a bigger niche than you think, if 30% of the install base is hardcore, consider yourself lucky.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I was not one of those people, I got KZ and NFS.

Cj2i3 said:
What else were they supposed to get.... Knack?

What I did, I enjoy platformers. *Shakes old man cane*