By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty Ghosts Sales on PS4...WTF?

Dont forget, some people bought the game and they havent even got the console so they probably picked up a copy of the game so when they actually get the console. And yes it does make me die alittle inside there are more to games than fps that are rushed every year its sad.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Did anyone else notice the numbers on the front page?  Apparantly 1 079 311 PS4s were sold and 808 779 copies of Cod Ghosts was sold on PS4, so 75% of the people that bought a PS4 got Cod Ghosts with it...does that make anyone die a little inside?  I guess FPS's are gonna be even more prevalent next gen than they were this gen.

Sad indeed, but luckily this is heavily influenced by it being the game with the largest marketing power in a still small game library, and at console launch, when hype is naturally very strong, so favouring franchises like CoD that through the years came to master the sometimes evil art of hype.   
I'm quite sure the genres' popularity will become a lot more balanced as time goes by.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!