By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
bananaking21 said:
i disagree with your prediction. the PS4 will sell 260 million units minimum in 7 years.

You are crazy brother. 1 billion is the minimum for this generation.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Where did they go?

Where did the billions of dollars lose from ps3 and the amazing vita go?

all seriousness 200 million. That assumes a lot which will not happen.

I think it'll pass the PS3 but a liitle under the PS ONE.

i like playstation a lot too but your love for sony is beyond reason..

Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:
i disagree with your prediction. the PS4 will sell 260 million units minimum in 7 years.

i wont accept a phycological analysis about my mental state from somebody who's owned by a person named "soriku". maybe if his name was john i would have felt different though. 

gooch_destroyer said:
Where did they go?

Doomsville.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:

I was going to include a line about that. A billion home/handheld consoles will hit one day but not the 8th gen. Gaming is getting bigger and more popular everyday the 6th gen ended with around 270 million consoles sold (heavily dominated by PS2) and seventh should end with around 535 million (distributed pretty evenly, great gen), thats doubled in 7 years. The eighth gen is a little tricky, it's hard to predict but around 500 - 750 million shouldn't be too far off.

PS4: 250 million

WiiU: 25 million

New competetive Nintendo console: 100 million

Xbone: 125 million

3DS: 175 million

PSvita: 50 million

Xbox handheld: 50 million?

Total: 775 million

That's best case scenario, if this gen goes great these numbers can't be to ridiculous. Most likely will end around 550 - 600 million mark though. We all know how much bigger gaming keeps getting, just have an open mind.

Gilgamesh said:
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:

I was going to include a line about that. A billion home/handheld consoles will hit one day but not the 8th gen. Gaming is getting bigger and more popular everyday the 6th gen ended with around 270 million consoles sold (heavily dominated by PS2) and seventh should end with around 535 million (distributed pretty evenly, great gen), thats doubled in 7 years. The eighth gen is a little tricky, it's hard to predict but around 500 - 750 million shouldn't be too far off.

PS4: 250 million

WiiU: 25 million

New competetive Nintendo console: 100 million

Xbone: 125 million

3DS: 175 million

PSvita: 50 million

Xbox handheld: 50 million?

Total: 775 million

That's best case scenario, if this gen goes great these numbers can't be to ridiculous. Most likely will end around 550 - 600 million mark though. We all know how much bigger gaming keeps getting, just have an open mind.

Include mobile they you can get past 3B... put computers and notebooks and we will have more gaming devices than people in the world =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Puppyroach said:
They listened so hard that they decided to make PS+ almost mandatory :). The sooner you realize that Sony isn´t one bit better than the big N or MS, the better off you are.

Almost mandatory?  Yes it is mandatory for multiplayer (unless its F2P), but that's it.  Everything else, unlike with the Xbox One, is not tucked behind PS+.

@ OP

I share your opinion that the PS4 will come out on top, but 200M?  I doubt that.  I would say 105M-125M would be more accurate.  But, who knows, it may match the PS2 with ~160M.  I highly doubt it will get much more, but I would LOVE to be wrong.

Only 250 million PS4's. Why aim so low? Microsoft wants to sell half a billion Xbones. I am disappointed at you OP.

Yeah, it really is PS4's generation to lose. Wii U is a non-factor at this poing, and I don't see the $100 more expensive Xbox One hangin in there.