By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

fatslob-:O said:
We should be unimpressed by both because the first adopters are usually the hardcore sony and microsoft fans who get the console first. We should atleast wait until janurary to make judgement about their sales but I suspect that the PS4 will cannibalize the xbox market because all it comes down to is the $100 price difference.

other console launches had fervent fans and they never reached these numbers

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I'll give Xbox One sales a Ryse/10.

We should be unimpressed by both because the first adopters are usually the hardcore sony and microsoft fans who get the console first. We should atleast wait until janurary to make judgement about their sales but I suspect that the PS4 will cannibalize the xbox market because all it comes down to is the $100 price difference.

Are you serious?  Since when has any console sold anywhere near what these two have sold so quickly?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Their both doing really good so far. Just because one does better doesn't belittle the others huge success in my opinion.

platformmaster918 said:

other console launches had fervent fans and they never reached these numbers

Simply put these numbers only show that their hardcore fanbase only grew in numbers. They do not represent the general consumer leaning towards these consoles seeing as how their pretty expensive and that includes PS4 too because $400 is pretty pricey if you ask the rest of the audience.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Are you serious?  Since when has any console sold anywhere near what these two have sold so quickly?

Like I had said before, only the hardcore fans grew in numbers! Not the general consumer trending towards these consoles!

I agree, but the lion share went to the US. So the remaining 12 country's looks even worst when you factor that in. They both deserve praise for their sales thought. It looking to be a healthy gen.

I wonder what Xbox One sales will be by the end of this year 2-3 million if supplies is there.

DialgaMarine said:

Before anyone gives me shit, let me start off by saying that the 1 million sales in 24 hours by the XBone is quite impressive, but hear me out here. The console launched in 13 countries vs the PS4 launching in only 2, with both selling about the same number within the same time frame. If you average it out, the XBone technically only sold about 77K units per country, vs PS4's 500K + per country. Both had amazing launches, but it's clear that PS4 is outselling the XBone by a large margin, when the console releases in it's other 31 territories in the coming months. I honestly don't find it impossible for the PS4 to be outselling by a 3 to 1 ratio in less than 1/6 of the regions, both of which are arguably XBOX's strongest territories. Not to mention of course, you can still find XBone's in retailers atm, but pretty much every retailer is out of PS4 until March. Think about it for a sec; either XBone is doing just okay or PS4 is doing amazingly. Thoughts?

let them be, there is no need to define anything at this point.

Mmmfishtacos said:
I agree, but the lion share went to the US. So the remaining 12 country's looks even worst when you factor that in. They both deserve praise for their sales thought. It looking to be a healthy gen.

I would guess 650k North America 350k+ EU