By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

JoeTheBro said:
Congrats to Microsoft for a great launch. It's hard to think that just a few weeks ago a million in 24 hours seemed absurd.

Was it? I always thought it was prophecy. Thinking it was absurd we'd have to go back a few months rather than weeks.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network

Oh boy, worldwide huh. Cannot wait for NPD!

binary solo said:
TheFallen said:
Congrats but PS4 NA > Xone WW. PS4 hasn't even launched in its' strongest market yet. Still well done Xbox.

It's hardly WW. 13 markets is it? So 1 million across only 13 markets is a lot closer to being as impressive as PS4 in NA alone. Than what 1 million world wide sounds.

PS4 NA > Xone NA + 11 countries. Them 11 countries haven't even got PS4 yet, let alone the rest of world .

binary solo said:
Too_Talls said:
24 hours? Is that starting from the Australian launch?

New Zealand launch thank you very much, which is 2 hours earlier than Aussie.

Really? So 39 hours

ps3-sales! said:
Bring on the console war!!! xD

Competition will be great this gen. Absolutely can't wait.

Unrelated: Kind of creepy that microsoft tracks every combo in KI or miles in Forza. Spying confirmed?

I know you're joking, but devs have been tracking user metrics for ages. Many of these games have tons of stat tracking things that you can check from the internet (see GTA V)

The real question is what will the PS4 Europe launch do? And who can make more consoles for the rest of the year? I would expect like another 1m from Europe and maybe over 3m by the end of the year? Microsoft will probably be able to do like 2-3m and maybe be like 1m behind.

Both past Wii U by June 14?

Around the Network

Nice, looks like this gen is gunna be a tight one

Honestly I doubted of Xbox reaching that numbers so fast. Great news, the console market is still alive, just people get bored of PS360 :D Hopefully both consoles continue selling well.

can't wait to see dem numbers!!!

wonder if wee can see another 1 mil+ in 24hrs when the PS4 drops in EU

In Australia, the xbox one had the biggest launch in a console history, infact they shipped more then the PS4 down here

"well in perth that is"

So i'm expecting 100-200k from there, maybe 250k-300k combined if you add in New Zealand.

Incredible! Glad to see console gaming obviously alive and well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!