By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

So why MS is so behind in terms of supply compared to Sony? Yield issues.

No, he is saying the demand is simply not on the same level

Got him there.    Got to love people once again downplaying yield issues and, of course, cboat.  I wish someone would explain how the One launch goes from 21 countries to just 13, if there were no supply issues.  And why they shipped only 1M+ in all of those countries combined.  And how Sony was able to ship 1M+ in just 2 regions, with probably ~2M more coming to the other 20+ countries next week.  Did the One outship the 360?  Yes.  But the 360 was also supply constrained.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

Got him there.    Got to love people once again downplaying yield issues and, of course, cboat.  I wish someone would explain how the One launch goes from 21 countries to just 13, if there were no supply issues.  And why they shipped only 1M+ in all of those countries combined.  And how Sony was able to ship 1M+ in just 2 regions, with probably ~2M more coming to the other 20+ countries next week.  Did the One outship the 360?  Yes.  But the 360 was also supply constrained.

1. localisation of kinect

2. late updates means later start o production = no yield

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Forget the yiel issues. There is no way to check it out, unless you work in one of AMD Malasian foundry that printed the XOne APU.

What make me pissed is the rumor of OS being broken and Live being a caos "that would take months to repair".

I think those rumors cemented how Gaf has been reacting to any review that didn´t say the Xbox One is terrible.

It´s a Ok machine with some missing features and small bugs... Just as the PS4.

Deal with it!!

thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

That's the thing, IMO the real launch for PS4 is 29 November, NA was just a way to start earlier in USA to take advantage from Microsoft from the begininning. The next week, the number of sales for PS4 are going to be enormous...there won't be any competition. With Black Friday in USA and European launch ps4 could easily sold around 1'5-2 million that week. I don't think Xbox One will sell more than 500k next week WW. So we can finish the month with 2'5-3 million units of PS4 compared to 1'5 million of Xbox One....

kirby007 said:
thismeintiel said:

1. localisation of kinect

2. late updates means later start o production = no yield

What happened to the whole "the One was approved by the FCC months before the PS4" thing?  I thought that was supposed to mean they could start production earlier.  And I thought Major Nelson was the first from either company to show the first shipment of their console.  Now, they started months behind?

And localization of Kinect was a BS excuse, as some of the countries they didn't launch in share the same launguages as the countries they did.  The fact is they didn't have enough stock for 21 countries, so the lowered it to 13.  Can you even imagine how low the sales would be in NA if they did launch in those 21 countries?  Probably less than 500K.

Around the Network

This thread has become a cesspool. Due to the reports pouring out of here, i'm shutting it down.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.