By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:
Can anyone explain what "yield issues" means?

bluntly : problems with manufacturing

but people dont get that spiking demand bigger then available amount isn't a yield issue

Thanks!

So there is no way to either confirm or debunk any rumours regarding those issues. We can only feed on rumours and speculate. Even if the rumours are true, how can we know?

Realistically no, but a lower about of units sold will in some peoples be percieved as issues with we don't know very much, aside from good guesses on the start of manufacturing. ( Back in august i expected that MS would have created around 1.6 million xboxs end november, which means with current numbers they are slow on shipping  

1 million sold is 65% sell though so far

+ one more week is around 200.000 still to be created in november

means still around 450.000 units around somewhere between factory and stores ( and in stores)

Ok then. We shall have to wait and see if you are proven right.

I'm very curious myself how far i'm off ( if i am )

with these calcs I made they have made 7 million units next summer

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

So why MS is so behind in terms of supply compared to Sony? Yield issues.

No, he is saying the demand is simply not on the same level

He would never admit.

Well those are the only two options

No he would probably change topic or attack one of the other people here... or he would say MS is using a third option, helding inventory to creat buzz (even letting Sony selll a lot more than they).

i repeat 6 months production vs 3 months

Any proof of the time difference??? Because kowenicki say that they started together.

the fact that the system got last minute tweaks in august

And you by chance know when they started making PS4?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

He would never admit.

No he would probably change topic or attack one of the other people here... or he would say MS is using a third option, helding inventory to creat buzz (even letting Sony selll a lot more than they).

Any proof of the time difference??? Because kowenicki say that they started together.

june

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kabamarutr said:

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

Ι still don't understand why it is such a big deal.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
J_Allard said:

No, there really is no way to confirm or debunk these rumors. The only thing you can apply is common sense. MS started their production later and yet they still had over a million ready for day one. Take from that what you will.

You guys meed to sit down and come to a consensus on when they staryed production. Im pretty sure albert even said they started with sony

"You guys" need to decide on when you want to use Albert as a reliable source.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Still sad that neither Sony or MS are quoting who has done their sales tracking for them....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
DonFerrari said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

He would never admit.

june

Proof?? And about Penello saying they started together with Sony?

In the end why can't we be happy for both consoles. Yes ps4 will be in the lead followed by x1. But both are having great launches and look to be having a great year.

So let's just end all this console we crap and just enjoy the start of a new gen of gaming.

Congrars to both

ethomaz said:

I think the demand for PS4 and Xbone are close to each other... the difference is supply at least for the first 5 million units.

They shipped 1 million units for the launch... they have months to prepare 1 million units... now two weeks after they come with more 1 million? That won't happen.

Sony limited the supply in US to launch in EU... they didn't send everything to US.

Bullshit. Everyone who knows anything at all about sales knows for a fact that the demand isnt close in the slightest. Preorders have shown this since E3. The PS4 has been running away with it Worldwide.

You know this. I know this. Everyone in the thread knows this.

This is almost as bad as you predicting 350k Week 1.

bananaking21 said:

we all know why you are asking for this, its because recently cboat has been leaking bad leaks about microsoft. so no it shouldnt be. unless you provide data that proves that there where in fact no yeild issues then you have no legs to stand on with requesting that users should be banned for quoting a leaker who is most of the time right.  you always claim to be a man of "facts", care to provide any fact that proves there was no yield issues at all? spare me the 1 Million in 24 hour number, it did those numbers we get it, however it doesnt disprove the yield issue claims. 

No.

They should be moderated for spouting unproven bullshit. When there is undeniable proof of yield issues, sure, spread the news. Until then though its simply spreading FUD and it should be acted against. There has been no proof at all of these yield issues and until there is proof it should be treated as it is, a rumour. Nothing more.

bananaking21 said:

just dont bother dude. let people live in a world full of delusions. i am still waiting for any factual prove that there was not a yield issue at any time. 

Instead of waiting for "factual prove" that there was yield issues? And youre talking about delusion?

Youre incredible.

J_Allard said:
So the only evidence that there were any yield issues was cboat? lulz

Yes.

The same cboat who said the PS4 would release in October. Who said that Mirror's Edge 2 would be at the MS E3 show. Who said that Xbox One would get an exclusive from Platinum at E3. Who said that Prince of Persia would be at the MS E3 show.  No online paywall for PS4. The list of things he got wrong is as long as, if not longer than the list of things he got right in the past.

The point being, the guys information isnt 100%. He cant be trusted, no matter what he leaked in the past. And Im pretty sure all his Gamescom predictions went down the shitter too. Anyone posting things he says as facts and spreading FUD needs moderating.