By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

J_Allard said:
So the only evidence that there were any yield issues was cboat? lulz

there isnt. and thats the point. just like you discredit cboat for not showing any prove know that your claims, or anyone who doesnt provide any prove, will be discredited as well. we simply dont know, so dont go claiming otherwise. as it is though, cboat has much more reliability than any other poster who claims there was no yield issues. and asking for to bann anybody who quotes cboat is nothing but a stupid request. 

Around the Network

Can anyone explain what "yield issues" means?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Since the totals are for NA including the region of Canada's east coast where I am stuck waiting patiently on EB's list for an incoming X1 it seems at least possible that implying Microsoft could have sold more over here if they hadn't launched in 13 other countries is not just the ravings of a lunatic. A hard spin maybe. Long sentence but you're following me right? I'm not saying there isn't a bigger backlog for PS4s just that M$ could quite possibly have sold more in NA first day if they hadn't spread it around. I've see pics of palettes in Germany and elsewhere that were unsold as of yesterday on the site. So once again not more overall or WW or LT but first day. IF. At ease soldierz.

Also this is the height of nitpicking but the exact twitter quote by Shuhei Yoshida that I think most of the follow up articles are going by was this;

"PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!!! :D"

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't exactly say they were all sold in NA. I'm sure I read a follow up or codicil to that yesterday saying something like. 'this number includes pre-orders for units that may be sold in other areas'. Did anyone else see that? I'm sure it was either on this site or through a direct link. I rarely start reading anywhere else. Could be early onset senility but if not that would indicate Yoshida was uncomfortable rounding up from a number very close to an exact million. I'll try finding it again later but there is a lot of 'stuff' to wade through. Maybe I can access all his tweets or there may have been a separate and official notice from Sony HQ.

Either way congrats to M$ for another big step in the right direction and belated kudos to Sony for continuing their comeback.

kabamarutr said:

bluntly : problems with manufacturing

but people dont get that spiking demand bigger then available amount isn't a yield issue

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:

but people dont get that spiking demand bigger then available amount isn't a yield issue

Thanks!

So there is no way to either confirm or debunk any rumours regarding those issues. We can only feed on rumours and speculate. Even if the rumours are true, how can we know?

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:

Thanks!

So there is no way to either confirm or debunk any rumours regarding those issues. We can only feed on rumours and speculate. Even if the rumours are true, how can we know?

No, there really is no way to confirm or debunk these rumors. The only thing you can apply is common sense. MS started their production later and yet they still had over a million ready for day one. Take from that what you will.

kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:

Thanks!

Realistically no, but a lower about of units sold will in some peoples be percieved as issues with we don't know very much, aside from good guesses on the start of manufacturing. ( Back in august i expected that MS would have created around 1.6 million xboxs end november, which means with current numbers they are slow on shipping  

1 million sold is 65% sell though so far

+ one more week is around 200.000 still to be created in november

means still around 450.000 units around somewhere between factory and stores ( and in stores)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

J_Allard said:
kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:

Thanks!

No, there really is no way to confirm or debunk these rumors. The only thing you can apply is common sense. MS started their production later and yet they still had over a million ready for day one. Take from that what you will.

Ιt seems sensible enough to me, that the numbers so far indicate normal production rates. If we see another million consoles for PS4 next week though, shouldn't we have to reconsider?

Yet, I don't really see what the big deal is. What if there actually are yield issues? What does that prove?

kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:
kirby007 said:
kabamarutr said:

Thanks!

Realistically no, but a lower about of units sold will in some peoples be percieved as issues with we don't know very much, aside from good guesses on the start of manufacturing. ( Back in august i expected that MS would have created around 1.6 million xboxs end november, which means with current numbers they are slow on shipping  

1 million sold is 65% sell though so far

+ one more week is around 200.000 still to be created in november

means still around 450.000 units around somewhere between factory and stores ( and in stores)

Ok then. We shall have to wait and see if you are proven right.

J_Allard said:

You guys meed to sit down and come to a consensus on when they staryed production. Im pretty sure albert even said they started with sony