By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Can anyone explain what "yield issues" means?

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

Ι still don't understand why it is such a big deal.

No big deal.. if MS even with yield issues can produce enough to met demand (what they do to achieve that is their concern not ours)... is just that some people can't accept MS failing and others don't accept it suceding... well that is console war.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Congrats M$

I wonder how it will compare to the PS4s first week worldwide numbers.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

No big deal.. if MS even with yield issues can produce enough to met demand (what they do to achieve that is their concern not ours)... is just that some people can't accept MS failing and others don't accept it suceding... well that is console war.

So, there's nothing wrong in posting a rumour, let alone a rumour of a not negative nature?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

ethomaz said:
I said blah, blah blah.

This is the original quote from the conference call.

"In addition to selling through all of our reservations and some additional allocation we've received from Sony, we still have over 2.3 million customers on the first to know list which indicates continued demand for months to come."

I don't know why the sites changed to include the Xbone but this part in conference call was about Sony and PS4 only.

That looks pretty solid so now I'm not so sure.  I really just wanted the other person to think about it so I didn't mention you.  I should have known you'd see my post.  Anyway, either you and others were right originally which I still think is doubtful now, or the GS spokesperson didn't realize they wanted PS4 only numbers or was given a fact sheet from store numbers that he misinterpreted or someone among the fact checkers for the sites quoting the original article followed up directly with GS and got something considerably different.  I wouldn't have said 'lousy journalism' if I thought you would answer directly.  Just to be civil.  Kind of gave yourself away.  Enjoy your new favourite console if you've got one already.  Sony's kicking ass right now even if it's 'only' 1.4 or 1.6m waiting at one retailer.  

bananaking21 said:

we all know why you are asking for this, its because recently cboat has been leaking bad leaks about microsoft. so no it shouldnt be. unless you provide data that proves that there where in fact no yeild issues then you have no legs to stand on with requesting that users should be banned for quoting a leaker who is most of the time right.  you always claim to be a man of "facts", care to provide any fact that proves there was no yield issues at all? spare me the 1 Million in 24 hour number, it did those numbers we get it, however it doesnt disprove the yield issue claims. 

No.

They should be moderated for spouting unproven bullshit. When there is undeniable proof of yield issues, sure, spread the news. Until then though its simply spreading FUD and it should be acted against. There has been no proof at all of these yield issues and until there is proof it should be treated as it is, a rumour. Nothing more.

You, my good man! Can you tell what's wrong with posting unproven, yet not negative rumours? Why should one be moderated for it? Has anyone posting 100% proven facts in this forum or any other?

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

So, there's nothing wrong in posting a rumour, let alone a rumour of a not negative nature?

If you are not fabricating but just forwarding I see no problem (maybe the person should just post if he have enough "proof" or reason to believe its true)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

kabamarutr said:

bananaking21 said:

we all know why you are asking for this, its because recently cboat has been leaking bad leaks about microsoft. so no it shouldnt be. unless you provide data that proves that there where in fact no yeild issues then you have no legs to stand on with requesting that users should be banned for quoting a leaker who is most of the time right.  you always claim to be a man of "facts", care to provide any fact that proves there was no yield issues at all? spare me the 1 Million in 24 hour number, it did those numbers we get it, however it doesnt disprove the yield issue claims. 

No.

They should be moderated for spouting unproven bullshit. When there is undeniable proof of yield issues, sure, spread the news. Until then though its simply spreading FUD and it should be acted against. There has been no proof at all of these yield issues and until there is proof it should be treated as it is, a rumour. Nothing more.

You, my good man! Can you tell what's wrong with posting unproven, yet not negative rumours? Why should one be moderated for it? Has anyone posting 100% proven facts in this forum or any other?

We usually don't see this person there dissmissing the rumours of PS4 breaking A LOT. I love people that use gramsci way of accussing others of doing what you do.

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

If you are not fabricating but just forwarding I see no problem (maybe the person should just post if he have enough "proof" or reason to believe its true)

If I come upon something on the net that is either good, or bad, or neutral for any gaming platform, I guess I have the liberty of sharing it with others; in a forum. Whether the source is very reliable, or not at all, is a matter for further discussion. Fora should be all about discussion.

Components were being shipped may/early june and since the ps4 didn't suffer any last minute adjustments you can bank on it that units were being put together in june. I'm not saying in the same production pace as september oktober but they were.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

If I come upon something on the net that is either good, or bad, or neutral for any gaming platform, I guess I have the liberty of sharing it with others; in a forum. Whether the source is very reliable, or not at all, is a matter for further discussion. Fora should be all about discussion.

100% agree... just wouldn't be favorable to posting a rumour you feel 100% certaing its wrong and pretend its truth just to flamebait others (and that happens seldom here).