By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

That's what i had said before. Now you can quote me on that.
Lol @ people saying it was gonna take a week or 2 to sell 1 million.

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Talal said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Can anyone explain what "yield issues" means?

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

Ι still don't understand why it is such a big deal.

You and me both. Maybe they want it to be wrong to discredit CBOAT who is pretty much an enemy to Xbox fans.

"Enemy" is a strong word. But let us put it aside. There should not be feelings of enmity between game players.

If that is the case, then these people chose a completely wrong way of doing it. It's not an offensive rumour anyway.

I believe CBOAT isn't a gamer per see, more like an insider... Do you think MS or Sony top execs are gamer??? Just a few of them really are (like Shu).

I was not referring to them. I was referring to Xbox fans (hopefully gamers) that consider Cboat an enemy.

I would say gamers, players and fan wouldn't hate him or companies...but fanboys hate anything they don't like... don't think that would be less than a psicologic conversation... people fell threatened by what they don't understand or like... and most here are childish...

Do you think a Ferrari onwer feel attacked because Toyota sells more??? His rivalry is with Lamborghini... but don't think a milionary middle-aged man would hate, maybe dispisse or probably respect... 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Talal said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

Problems in the production... one of the means of yield is the "mold"... so when they say this is like after assembling or fabricating a part it doesn't pass the tests or standards.

You and me both. Maybe they want it to be wrong to discredit CBOAT who is pretty much an enemy to Xbox fans.

"Enemy" is a strong word. But let us put it aside. There should not be feelings of enmity between game players.

If that is the case, then these people chose a completely wrong way of doing it. It's not an offensive rumour anyway.

I believe CBOAT isn't a gamer per see, more like an insider... Do you think MS or Sony top execs are gamer??? Just a few of them really are (like Shu).

I was not referring to them. I was referring to Xbox fans (hopefully gamers) that consider Cboat an enemy.

I would say gamers, players and fan wouldn't hate him or companies...but fanboys hate anything they don't like... don't think that would be less than a psicologic conversation... people fell threatened by what they don't understand or like... and most here are childish...

Do you think a Ferrari onwer feel attacked because Toyota sells more??? His rivalry is with Lamborghini... but don't think a milionary middle-aged man would hate, maybe dispisse or probably respect... 

I guess such a person would buy the Lambo and Toyota as well. But, alas, not all of us have the money.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:

I see. Seems to me that you are talking about a behavioral pattern that keeps repeating and that is why you demand moderation. Do you still refer to the origin of the rumour, or you target a local user in particular?

If the latter is the case, have you reported previous behaviours? Has anyone else been behaving up to standards?

Im just sick and tired of hearing about these supposed yield issues with no proof to back them up.

I havent reported them because theyre not currently breaking any rules. Though I am veeeeeery tempted to make a thread about the moderation and potential new rules. Because I like to think Im more important than what I am.

bananaking21 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5830285

when did i ever treat the yeild issues as anything but a rumor? or when did i ever say they were anything but? and since when were rumors a bannable offense on this site? im not the one who brought up the yield issues, im not the one who brought up cboat and im not the one who brought up banning users for discussing rumors.  did i claim Cboat was always 100% correct? no. however he has been correct many times before. the most recent example the resulotion gate issue. 

here is my original and first reply in this thread, now tell me who is spreading FuD? fact of the matter is Kowen suggested everybody who quotes Cboat to be banned just because cboat has been saying negative stuff towards MS lately. which is beyond ridiculous. if users start spreading FuD sure ban them, but there is no logical reason to be ban a person for informing others of a rumor, if you dont want to believe it, go ahead, if you do, its your choice. but you have no right to censorship what people can talk about here just because you or a few other uses dont like it. and dont go claiming other users spread FuD when it kowen who brought up cboat and the yield issues in the first place. 

oh and i know im incredible, i been told so many times before. 

Eh? I never said it was you spreading the rumours. I said no to you claiming kow wanted rid just because they were negative towards MS. I gave you the real reason. And calling people delusional because they dont choose to believe in a rumour that has no evidence at all? Give your head a shake.

I dont care about how happy you are for Microsoft. You dont have to remind me of that. The fact is, cboat (as accurate as he has been in the past) gets a whole damn lot wrong. He cant be trusted simply because he gets so much wrong. Using his word as fact is bullshit. Spreading his word as fact is bullshit. State that its a rumour or dont post about it at all. The constant dick riding of GAF rumours with no proof behind them is getting irritating. Take it for what it is - A rumour. Stop spouting it in every thread you can.

Talal said:

The sources are usually listed by the writer. If you don't trust the sources then don't believe the rumor. I'm personally interested in what guys like famousmortimer and cboat etc are saying. I don't necessarily believe them, but I'm still interested in what they say. Moderating guys who post negative rumors would suck.

cboat never has and never will reveal his/her "sources". mortimer on the other hand had legit ties in the industry and isnt afraid to hide himself away, though again he does get things wrong.

Read what Im writing - Im not saying posting credible rumours, positive of negative, should be bannable. Im saying constantly going on about them when there is no proof should be bannable

kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Talal said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

I guess such a person would buy the Lambo and Toyota as well. But, alas, not all of us have the money.

Some would... but there are some hardcore ferrari fanboys (but I think most don't have the money to buy the car...

Now back on topic if I had enough money AND TIME (this I think is the biggest issue) I would buy the three consoles and most of their first parties (at least the genres that I like)... but since I must optimize space, time and expenditures I choose Sony as my console and don't denny my bias towards it...

Anyway I believe MS will be fine from now on (expect them to sell 50~70M if casuals don't pick on Kinect and TV - if they do that is guesswork from 100M kinect or maybe 150M kinect+TV). I just don't think a Sony monopoly is bad in gaming because PS2 era was great even tough sony dominated - but I preffer PS3 over it =] (maybe because I have more money to buy more games for it)... lets hope PS4+Xbone+WiiU is a blast gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
toadslayer72 said:

"You guys" need to decide on when you want to use Albert as a reliable source.

Thanks for making one of my points

You guys need all the help you can get so, no problem.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
Talal said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:

Some would... but there are some hardcore ferrari fanboys (but I think most don't have the money to buy the car...

Now back on topic if I had enough money AND TIME (this I think is the biggest issue) I would buy the three consoles and most of their first parties (at least the genres that I like)... but since I must optimize space, time and expenditures I choose Sony as my console and don't denny my bias towards it...

Anyway I believe MS will be fine from now on (expect them to sell 50~70M if casuals don't pick on Kinect and TV - if they do that is guesswork from 100M kinect or maybe 150M kinect+TV). I just don't think a Sony monopoly is bad in gaming because PS2 era was great even tough sony dominated - but I preffer PS3 over it =] (maybe because I have more money to buy more games for it)... lets hope PS4+Xbone+WiiU is a blast gen.

It's had a good start to become such a gen. I'm tired of all the bickering here. Being pleased of the console industry's success, I'll go browse something else.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Carl2291 said:
Talal said:

The sources are usually listed by the writer. If you don't trust the sources then don't believe the rumor. I'm personally interested in what guys like famousmortimer and cboat etc are saying. I don't necessarily believe them, but I'm still interested in what they say. Moderating guys who post negative rumors would suck.

cboat never has and never will reveal his/her "sources". mortimer on the other hand had legit ties in the industry and isnt afraid to hide himself away, though again he does get things wrong.

Read what Im writing - Im not saying posting credible rumours, positive of negative, should be bannable. Im saying constantly going on about them when there is no proof should be bannable

By sources I meant cboat and mortimer themselves. If someone enters a rumor thread and sees cboat for example and he doens't trust him or cares about what he says he should just exit the thread. I'm sort of with you about claiming that these rumors are facts, especially when the rumor starter doesn't have a perfect track record. It's annoying. I still don't think it should be bannable though.

Graphics sell, a good line-up also helps and the bone has that imo.

pezus said:
Capulous said:
TheFallen said:
"In this circumstance, comparing our US number vs. their US number would be like comparing our UK number to their UK number. They don't have any in the UK yet, so it's not a fair comparison."

LOL, how is it? Both have launched in NA, Apples to Apples. In actual fact Albert makes the One numbers look worse by reminding us that PS4 HAS NOT launched in the U.K . yet.

It's actually very simple. MS decided to launch in multiple countries instead of keeping most of their stock for North America. Meaning, launch numbers are held back by supply. Simply put; they are saying the reason they sold less in NA at launch was because they had less stock.

And Sony's stock for the rest of the world will appear out of nowhere next week. Sony is launching in more countries than MS this year, btw. About 3 times as many.

I didn't realize that Sony stop producing PS4s and that they just held units from the original production for launches in other countries. Seriously, both companies are doing well and both have very impressive launches. MS decides to spread out it's initial production units amoung 13 countries and sold just as well. Both companies' launch sales are limited by their stock.