By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

Hey I love rugby (South African), but one thing I hate about it is that there are so many technical rules at the breakdown, the ref can basically decide which team wants to blow for next. Did that guy hold on to the ball, or is the tackler preventing him from releasing the ball? Who collapsed that scrum? Is that guy coming in from the side, or is the ball already out?

Makes for a lot of "the ref was your 16th player" comments on games.

Around the Network

All sport is a joke.

I don't enjoy watching any kind of sport, i prefer practcing it. But what i can't support is the fanatism that people have with their football team, it's sometimes worst than this console fanboy war

We reap what we sow

Rugby is where the men play. Not that ballerina shit.

curl-6 said:
All sport is a joke.

God forbid anyone enjoy any recreational games or anything.

What website is this again?

Around the Network
Albicant said:
curl-6 said:
All sport is a joke.

It's a video game website. Video games are awesome. Except games like FIFA that try to replicate the mind-numbing boredom of sports. ;)

Whats Soccer?

curl-6 said:
Albicant said:
curl-6 said:
All sport is a joke.

It's a video game website. Video games are awesome. Except games like FIFA that try to replicate the mind-numbing boredom of sports. ;)

Bit arbitrary mate.

Albicant said:
curl-6 said:
Albicant said:
curl-6 said:
All sport is a joke.

Bit arbitrary mate.

Feel free to enjoy your sports. Just don't ask me to. ;)

Those are some of the most embarrassing parts of the sport. However, I find soccer to be much more entertaining that other sports. For me, it's a cultural thing. I was born and raised until I was 10 years old in Colombia and we are big futbol people down there, along with the rest of south america. Naturally, I have an affinity for futbol.

Dives are frowned upon by the fans, but some professional players do it cause it can get them some free kicks and even penalties. It's cheap as fuck, there is no getting around that fact. I'm pretty sure futbol is the #1 sport in the world, so yeah...there's that.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian