By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
Yeah it's much better to watch a sport where 75% of the time the game is paused and they don't get to play more than a couple of seconds in a row.

What sports that?

American football.

Oh, whered that come from lol I was talking about rugby.

Ah so you're the guy

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
Yeah it's much better to watch a sport where 75% of the time the game is paused and they don't get to play more than a couple of seconds in a row.

What sports that?

American football.

Ah so you're the guy

Huh? am I missing something here lol

KylieDog said:
Mostly europeans, they got this attitude is ok to cheat if can get away with it. Should be banned from playing if replays show they faked it.

I don't even know how players could get away with this? we have cutting edge technology what are we using it for it not to catch cheats!

Diving is not exclusive to football (Yes, thats the correct term)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:

What sports that?

American football.

Oh ok, I have to admit rubgy is far more interesting to me, but still. You can't just say football is a joke only because of divers. If you like more contact based sports it's fine, but football is way more than diving and acting. It's skill, tactic, passion, etc.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

I personally don´t like soccer, in my country there are a lot of reasons for that:

1 - the sport is full of corruption, bribery and indulged refereeing

2 - total lack of respect with the audiences. Fans are treated like cattle (well, cattle is treated better, actually) on the stadiums, games scheduled during weekdays very very late in the night, very very long lines to buy tickets. stadiums with poor seating, fooding and restroom structure.

3 - Fanbases are violent, some groups works as hideouts for thieves and drug dealers, Fights (and deaths) are common between fanbases clashes. What upsets me more about this is that this behaviour is actually encouraged instead of prevented. Derby games can be dangerous.

4 - The sport itself is dull. The rule system is quaint and old and do not work well, it really needs adjustments. The referee can take the decisions as he likes, no matter what the rules say, and he is never confronted, even when clearly wrong. Soccer really needs to use technology to prevent those common dull referee judgment, like those terrible mistakes on the 2010 world cup in matches like GER x ENG, ARG x MEX, USA x ARL, SPA x NED etc etc etc etc etc

5 - in my country, the fanatism of fanbases and the media towards soccer really slams the chances of development of EVERY other sport, women´s soccer INCLUDED.

6 - cheating in soccer is encouraged since the bases, I´ve seen  managers of children´s teams on certain soccer clubs/schools arguing with its young players because they didn´t cheat penalty calls or fouls

I´m not sure how soccer in managed in Europe or Asia or USA, but in my country it is a completely mess.

ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:

Oh ok, I have to admit rubgy is far more interesting to me, but still. You can't just say football is a joke only because of divers. If you like more contact based sports it's fine, but football is way more than diving and acting. It's skill, tactic, passion, etc.

I understand its a skillful sport and I'm sure I would enjoy it, its just I think this over the top. I would throw something at the TV if I was the opposing fan of these acts.

I don't like football/soccer.

It's too popular here and everyone LOVES to talk only about that. I tried, I really tried to like the damn sport but it's just no fun for me xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

The very simple difference is that most of those tackles in rugby were straight up legal so lying on the ground isn't going to achieve anything other than ensure your team is one man down in the line.

If you can convince the ref in soccer that illegal contact has been made i.e. pretty much anything that's not body on body, then there is potentially very large benefit to your team, particularly if you are within shooting distance. The game can literally turn on a single tackle. Don't get me wrong, I think anyone caught diving should be sent off, but I understand the histrionics with any potentially illegal contact.

edit: some of those are pretty funny :)

As kangoroos move both legs at once and kiwis always shake their head,while walking it is almost impossible for them to play football,therefore it is pretty hard for them to take football seriously.