By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

It can be worse,... like Baseball and (american)Fotball

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

You can't judge one sport on a couple of incidents. Angentinians use the term "pecho frio" (cold chest) for all those players that don't pull their soul into the game. Not only for faking fouls, but also for those that doesn't "man up". I reckon that for any of those dives you'll find 2-3 more examples of people doing amazing stuff, even the girls that play football.

Additionally you can't really compare in the same terms rubgy and football, the play style is quite different. I do like rugby, pity my country doesn't even get to the qualifiers to the World Cup. But, probably for the best, if they did get there, they would suffer worse losses than the one Japan got from New Zealand at the last World Cup :/

And, one fantastic ad.

I understand that you don't like Football but why do you have the necessity of making a thread just to bash it? Is it jealuosy because is the most important and played sport in the world?

If you don't like it thats fine but why go around telling people they are not man enough and that the sport they love is a joke.

created by tbone!!! LOL

Funniest vids ever!!! Soccer still the best sport ever, though.

Around the Network

yeah those (divings?) are the main reason why I sometimes dislike football, I enjoy the sport overall but it's really annoying when players do that. It is also why I don't like teams like barcelona (which many consider the best team), those guys live diving!

Rafux said:
I understand that you don't like Football but why do you have the necessity of making a thread just to bash it? Is it jealuosy because is the most important and played sport in the world?

If you don't like it thats fine but why go around telling people they are not man enough and that the sport they love is a joke.

I never said I don't like it, I just said its a joke that this kind of stuff is ok. Where did I say it didnt like it? I justified my reason so stop trying to see what you want to see.

and yet its the most popular sport in the whole world

Naum said:
It can be worse,... like Baseball and (american)Fotball

Baseball?  its not even a contact sport

Never could enjoy the sport.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max