By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

Troll_Whisperer said:

Doesn't seem too different from this:

Divers are annoying as fuck in all sports.

But football is still the best sport. :)

The use of the more correct English originated term might of thrown you off....

but your talking to a new zealander!

Fun history lesson.  Back in the day, Rugby and Soccer were both Football.

To differentiate they called them Rugby Football and Assosiation Football.

Or Rugby and Soccer for short.

When soccer got big in other non-english speaking parts of the world though, they started using variations of football, since their was no rugby presense.

This makes a lot of sense when you compare American Football to Rugby and Soccer.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

I personally don´t like soccer, in my country there are a lot of reasons for that:

1 - the sport is full of corruption, bribery and indulged refereeing

2 - total lack of respect with the audiences. Fans are treated like cattle (well, cattle is treated better, actually) on the stadiums, games scheduled during weekdays very very late in the night, very very long lines to buy tickets. stadiums with poor seating, fooding and restroom structure.

3 - Fanbases are violent, some groups works as hideouts for thieves and drug dealers, Fights (and deaths) are common between fanbases clashes. What upsets me more about this is that this behaviour is actually encouraged instead of prevented. Derby games can be dangerous.

4 - The sport itself is dull. The rule system is quaint and old and do not work well, it really needs adjustments. The referee can take the decisions as he likes, no matter what the rules say, and he is never confronted, even when clearly wrong. Soccer really needs to use technology to prevent those common dull referee judgment, like those terrible mistakes on the 2010 world cup in matches like GER x ENG, ARG x MEX, USA x ARL, SPA x NED etc etc etc etc etc

5 - in my country, the fanatism of fanbases and the media towards soccer really slams the chances of development of EVERY other sport, women´s soccer INCLUDED.

6 - cheating in soccer is encouraged since the bases, I´ve seen  managers of children´s teams on certain soccer clubs/schools arguing with its young players because they didn´t cheat penalty calls or fouls

I´m not sure how soccer in managed in Europe or Asia or USA, but in my country it is a completely mess.

you are brazilian right? I didn't know you had all those issues, well I did knew about the violence but i'm a huge fan of brazil 

You are confusing the sport with some players.

Its FIFA's fault. They should punish those behaviours more severely.

Soccer also isnt a sport. Its football cause its played with the feet. I dont know what a soccer even is.

think-man said:
Rafux said:
I understand that you don't like Football but why do you have the necessity of making a thread just to bash it? Is it jealuosy because is the most important and played sport in the world?

If you don't like it thats fine but why go around telling people they are not man enough and that the sport they love is a joke.

I never said I don't like it, I just said its a joke that this kind of stuff is ok. Where did I say it didnt like it? I justified my reason so stop trying to see what you want to see.

If you really like football you would know why that happens.

It´s not soccer, it´s Football!!

Around the Network

you probably don`t understand this game. /thread.

34 years playing games.

think-man said:
Rafux said:
I understand that you don't like Football but why do you have the necessity of making a thread just to bash it? Is it jealuosy because is the most important and played sport in the world?

If you don't like it thats fine but why go around telling people they are not man enough and that the sport they love is a joke.

I never said I don't like it, I just said its a joke that this kind of stuff is ok. Where did I say it didnt like it? I justified my reason so stop trying to see what you want to see.

Who said it's okay ?
Dives are getting punished with a yellow card.

Its easy to nitpick, most people in football are against diving and simulating. Fans do not forgive those actions easily.

On the other hand, skillfull players get fouled and kicked a lot, and though it may not seem like that, football is a very phisical sport

Most sports at professional level where the pay is outrageously high are a joke imo

Yes diving/simulating is poison to professional soccer/football. It's shameful and immature. But it does not make the sport as a whole a joke.

Cheating is in every sport, but it doesn't define the sport.

We can post uncountable videos of absolute brilliant moments of soccer/football, then what? It's a joke, but it's not?

Calm down.