By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

POE said:
think-man said:

Don't act like im the first person to call it soccer, I dont give a sh*t what you call it or anyone else calls it, you knew what I was talking about and were just being a smart ass and trying to derail, the topic isn't called " Is football soccer??". It's about the BS thats going on in the sport. But you already knew that.

Ok.

good lol

Around the Network

think-man said:
Nem said:
You are confusing the sport with some players.

Its FIFA's fault. They should punish those behaviours more severely.

Soccer also isnt a sport. Its football cause its played with the feet. I dont know what a soccer even is.

Read what Kaz said, Im sick of people being ignorant about it.

Alas, i dont see you adressing American football the same way. As for the insult, i would return to you, but im pretty sure its against forum rules.

Joaco <3 N64 said:

I never get tired of seeing this goal, especially as Wilshere starts the whole move off in his own half.

OT: Yes, diving is a scourge in modern football (soccer). I really don't see why players can't be punished retroactively. Any incident of diving or play acting should be seen as bringing the game into disrepute and an immediate 3 match ban, 5 if your team actually benefit from it. As soon as you do that, players are going to be diving a whole lot less.

My problem with football is that it just seems a lot less physical these days than in the past. Players are wrapped in cotton wool. I still don't understand why they stopped the shoulder tackle.

Scoobes said:
Joaco <3 N64 said:

I never get tired of seeing this goal, especially as Wilshere starts the whole move off in his own half.

OT: Yes, diving is a scourge in modern football (soccer). I really don't see why players can't be punished retroactively. Any incident of diving or play acting should be seen as bringing the game into disrepute and an immediate 3 match ban, 5 if your team actually benefit from it. As soon as you do that, players are going to be diving a whole lot less.

My problem with football is that it just seems a lot less physical these days than in the past. Players are wrapped in cotton wool. I still don't understand why they stopped the shoulder tackle.

And retroactively drop the offending team 3 points regardless of the result. That should stop these actors.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:
Yeah it's much better to watch a sport where 75% of the time the game is paused and they don't get to play more than a couple of seconds in a row.

What sports that?

American football.

Because it's a turned-based sport. Obviously you only seem to enjoy sports which have prolonged continuity, but not all sports are designed like that.

This is all I have to contribute to the thread.

Soccer is the worst by far for diving, but it's spreading to other sports.

Hockey is my game, but even we're seeing more and more diving with the influx of French Candians and Europeans joining the league.

I know it's hard for a ref sometimes to tell a dive from an actual dirty play...but I really wish just like dirty hits can get reviewed and lead to fines or suspensions...I really wish frequent diving was punishable. Start with fines (doesn't have to be a large amount, but just the embarassment of being labelled a diver also hurts), but if it continues I'd love for divers to sit out a couple games.

POE said:
It´s not soccer, it´s Football!!

In North America it's called soccer...and this is a thread made by a North American so that's what he called it, get over it. I don't whine when you a European calls the trunk of a car the "boot" or the hood a "bonnet" because I know that's what they say over there. Or when you guys spell "tire" as "tyre"

Basketball for the win, bitches.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---