By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

I'm laughing at the number of replies to do with you calling it soccer instead of football.

Regional differences, get over it you whiners. In North America it's soccer, in Europe it's football. You can't force a North American to call it football when they made this thread.

Around the Network
Marks said:
I'm laughing at the number of replies to do with you calling it soccer instead of football.

Regional differences, get over it you whiners. In North America it's soccer, in Europe it's football. You can't force a North American to call it football when they made this thread.

They are kinda special right?
No metric system everyone is using
The thing with the TV Problems the Xbox One has in Europe cause of the 60hz/50hz difference nearly everyone is using outside of the USA
Calling the MOST popular sport in the world aka  Football  > Soccer just cause NA wants to be different again Oo

Every sport has its good and bad sides.
Diving isn't an issue of the sport - The referees are cause they are far to easy with the players.Especially in this season they are incredible bad most of the time.

SupBambiKing said:
Marks said:

They are kinda special right?
No metric system everyone is using
The thing with the TV Problems the Xbox One has in Europe cause of the 60hz/50hz difference nearly everyone is using outside of the USA
Calling the MOST popular sport in the world aka  Football  > Soccer just cause NA wants to be different again Oo

Every sport has its good and bad sides.
Diving isn't an issue of the sport - The referees are cause they are far to easy with the players.Especially in this season they are incredible bad most of the time.

You know I'm Canadian right, so I'm all about metric and agree with you lol. 

And it's not because they want to be different, it's because they have a more popular national sport that for some dumb reason goes by the same name. It would be dumb to call American football by that name in America itself...and soccer is easier to say than European football or World football or whatever. 

All I'm saying is if I'm in Europe, I'll call it football...but when I'm back home (or posting on the internet) I'm going to call it soccer. 

And I didn't even mention diving in this post, but yeah I agree. Diving is even making it's way into hockey which is my preferred sport. I wish dives were reviewable the same way illegal hits are, and divers should get fined for doing so...and if it becomes frequent I'd say a suspension is needed. 

Sports I watch over boring soccer:

Football, NHL hockey, Ultimate Fighting/ MMA, Basketball,Rugby, .and Beach Volleyball.

I am not American.

Football, NHL hockey, Ultimate Fighting/ MMA, Basketball,Rugby, .and Beach Volleyball.

I am not American.

Around the Network

I am not American.

It's football, America can't lay rights to that name.

Seece said:

GAF and this site is dominated by Americans and Canadians so generally football is often assumed to be NFL. Aussies and New Zealanders seem to call it soccer as well.

I don't care for many sports, so what I do is not watch them. Every sport has its merits. I love the sport and to me few things are as moving as being at a match, singing with the supporters and cheering the club along. Sorry you do not get that experience from watching it, enjoy what ever you do enjoy, makes life better.

chocoloco said:
Seece said:

GAF and this site is dominated by Americans and Canadians so generally football is often assumed to be NFL. Aussies and New Zealanders seem to call it soccer as well.

That doesn't matter tho, the facts remain!