By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Soccer's a fricken joke.

Yeah it's much better to watch a sport where 75% of the time the game is paused and they don't get to play more than a couple of seconds in a row.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Yeah it's much better to watch a sport where 75% of the time the game is paused and they don't get to play more than a couple of seconds in a row.

What sports that?

think-man said:

Very rare in Rugby, I have probably only seen it in one game and that was a game England was playing it so it didn't surpise me.

Edit: actually if you can find one on Rugby Id love it see it, just for future reference.

I don't know rugby, maybe it's simply a matter of it being more difficult to pull off because in football such contact without the ball is not allowed whereas in rugby it's part of the game. In football yellow and red cars are something that happens all the time, so there are bigger chances of tricking the referee.

I know it sucks though. My team's players was red carded for this:

Fucking annoying. But what can I do, football is still super-fun and I can't dismiss the whole sport for these things.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Soccer? What's that?

Troll_Whisperer said:
think-man said:

Very rare in Rugby, I have probably only seen it in one game and that was a game England was playing it so it didn't surpise me.

Edit: actually if you can find one on Rugby Id love it see it, just for future reference.

I don't know rugby, maybe it's simply a matter of it being more difficult to pull off because in football such contact without the ball is not allowed whereas in rugby it's part of the game. In football yellow and red cars are something that happens all the time, so there are bigger chances of tricking the referee.

I know it sucks though. My team's players was red carded for this:

Fucking annoying. But what can I do, football is still super-fun and I can't dismiss the whole sport for these things.

Thats a deal breaker for me, I also don't watch Boxing anymore because its so fake and bs, If i sense rugby starts to do it I will drop that aswell. With all the cameras we have can't they request to see the reply!

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Soccer? What's that?

Football but that is a vague term, where I come from football is rugby to I thought I would make it more apparent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football

Rugby (much as I love it) doesn't always cover itself in glory. Blood capsules spring to mind...

Diving or feigning injury in sports sucks, but football tends to get disproportionate flack for it. Divers always get plenty of stick for their antics, at least in England. There are plenty of brave players putting their bodies on the line too.

Bert Trautmann famously broke his neck during a match, but saw out the game anyway. Another goalkeeper (name escapes me) broke his arm, and as he couldn't be subbed had to be switched to the wing because he couldn't play in goal any more. There are definitely more prima donnas in the modern game, but they're still a minority.

Huth and Lloris have both been knocked unconscious this season, and saw out the rest of the game when they came around for starters.

We do need harsher punishments for diving though. Retroactive bans would be a huge step forward.

think-man said:
kopstudent89 said:
Soccer? What's that?

Football but that is a vague term, where I come from football is rugby to I thought I would make it more apparent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football

I was being sarcastic :P

Anyways football is the best sports hands down. The fluidity, unpredictability and beauty when it all comes together is by far the best. There are divers but really there's so much more to it.

think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:

What sports that?

American football.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
think-man said:
ghettoglamour said:

What sports that?

American football.

Oh, whered that come from lol I was talking about rugby.