By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS4s Still Breaking?

JoeTheBro said:
Just like with the XBONE, 90% of it is nothing but FUD.

We won't have non fanboy numbers for months and even years.

As much as this might sound silly, I still don't know what FUD stands for, can someone enlighten me?

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
JoeTheBro said:

As much as this might sound silly, I still don't know what FUD stands for, can someone enlighten me?

Fear, uncertainty, doubt.

SupBambiKing said:

In over 1 Million PS4 at day1 under 10 000 consoles have issues.This is less than expected for electronic devices.

Do you have a reference for that number?

Even 10 000 over a few days is worrisome, especially if this is a problem that manifests over time. PS4 owners better hope that this is a once-off issue (either you have it or you don't) as opposed to a lingering issue (the longer you use it, the higher the odds of it happening to you).

JoeTheBro said:
STRYKIE said:
JoeTheBro said:

Fear, uncertainty, doubt.

Really? Well that's a bit of an anti-climax for my curiosity.. thanks though.

SupBambiKing said:

At Midnight the Xbox One got 1 Star Reviews on Amazon.de/at from verified people LOL

I had a look over at amazon.de, and of the eight 1-star reviews, NOT ONE is from an Amazon verified purchase. LOL.

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B00DDMC72Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
All things are still breaking. Just this morning I turned the lights on and one of the LED's in the kitchen ceiling had blown.... WTF! those are supposed to last years! Shit happens.

it isn't worth talking about, but that wont stop a raft of "concerned" threads popping up over the next few days.

It would only be fair as its the same spot light as theps4 got..... 

Xbone, ps4's and LED's are a bad comparison for damage control

kowenicki said:
phinch1 said:
kowenicki said:
All things are still breaking. Just this morning I turned the lights on and one of the LED's in the kitchen ceiling had blown.... WTF! those are supposed to last years! Shit happens.

it isn't worth talking about, but that wont stop a raft of "concerned" threads popping up over the next few days.

and there we have it

and no it wasnt, not here on vgc

So not one ps4 failure article was written on vgchartz?

Lol the OP just drops the $hit and don't even bother replying.

kowenicki said:
phinch1 said:
kowenicki said:
phinch1 said:
kowenicki said:

and there we have it

and no it wasnt, not here on vgc

So not one ps4 failure article was written on vgchartz?

Thats not what I said.   It isnt the article thats the problem, after all it is news.  The problem is often how that news is delivered, the nature of the comments within the threads and the users looking (desperate) to create them or comment on them.  I didnt see any problem here last week at all.

The problem here is that you can't stand any negatuve news about the xbone without getting defensive, they're were overblown out of proportion articles of a 40% fail rate ps4 last week, its the internet its shifts out the bull from the facts eventually just let it take its course "exactly" the same happend for the ps4 abd it was inevitablly going to happen with the xbone 

Licence said:
BeElite said:
Licence said:
I don't know about a 40% failure rate, but judging by the ratio of 1-star BLOD reviews on amazon.com, it certainly seems to be a real concerning and on-going issue.

when judgeing u may want to use a source worth a damn not bs like amazon reviews.

Oh, there is a lot of selective believing going on around this issue. For me, I've ever seen a product with such a high ration of failure rates after a few days on Amazon, and it would be incredulous to believe that these are all just MS shills. There clearly is an issue, the question is just, how bad is it really?

We all seen real defective product release, it was called xbox 360 and its defectivness was rather legit.

Its called commom sense as in Amazon probably sold tens of thousands of PS4 in the US being the biggest online retailer a few neg reviews really measn shit all especially how their validity cant even be truested.  And a high amazon complaints can easily be atttributes to the sheer fact that a MILLION Ps4 were sold in a day.  

No shit no other console had as many amazon complaits as fast, they sold at 1/10th the rate.

Like any hardware some will have problems.