By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS4s Still Breaking?

Licence said:
tiffac said:

Yes, yes they continue to break en masse. PS4 sales are inflated by the Blue Light of Death.

Believe in social media (foams on the mouth)

Social media is untrustworthy, true.

Sony's official statements - now those never lie. (raising hands in worship)

Lies, Sony is evil and untrustowrthy. Social media is King!

Around the Network

BeElite said:

We all seen real defective product release, it was called xbox 360 and its defectivness was rather legit.

Its called commom sense as in Amazon probably sold tens of thousands of PS4 in the US being the biggest online retailer a few neg reviews really measn shit all especially how their validity cant even be truested.  And a high amazon complaints can easily be atttributes to the sheer fact that a MILLION Ps4 were sold in a day.  

No shit no other console had as many amazon complaits as fast, they sold at 1/10th the rate.

Like any hardware some will have problems.  

Apple sells as many iPhones and iPads in 6 months than Sony sells Playstations per generation. Yet they have nowhere near the ratio of defective reviews on Amazon - so your argument about volume is fallacious.

I really don't understand why people are so desperate to cover this up. There is clearly an issue - even Sony has admitted to it. If you think this is within "expected norms of electronics" then your expectations are too low.

tiffac said:
Licence said:
tiffac said:

Yes, yes they continue to break en masse. PS4 sales are inflated by the Blue Light of Death.

Like all corporations, Sony's obligations are primarily towards their shareholders, not their consumers. It is in the shareholder's interest for Sony to downplay the extend of this problem - so whatever Sony tells us must be taken within that context.

Licence said:
tiffac said:
Licence said:
tiffac said:

Like all corporations, Sony's obligations are primarily towards their shareholders, not their consumers. It is in the shareholder's interest for Sony to downplay the extend of this problem - so whatever Sony tells us must be taken within that context.

Aww man, why you go with serious level headed facts? You kinda killed my swag here D:

STRYKIE said:

Really? Well that's a bit of an anti-climax for my curiosity.. thanks though.

Would you feel better if i told you it actually stood for " Fuck U Dude"

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Thats not what I said.   It isnt the article thats the problem, after all it is news.  The problem is often how that news is delivered, the nature of the comments within the threads and the users looking (desperate) to create them or comment on them.  I didnt see any problem here last week at all.

If you didnt see any problem concerning the ps4 last week then maybe you should have paid attention more concerning the hot topics was flooded with it

meh, its the Xboxes turn now to have 40% internet failure rate. ^^

The xbone defense force will be in full wing this weekend. The next dumb argument is over whether or not the xbone is black.

Failure rates are important to me, especially the fiasco of RROD I dealt with 3 times, whether its xbone or ps4.

Licence said:

BeElite said:

We all seen real defective product release, it was called xbox 360 and its defectivness was rather legit.

Its called commom sense as in Amazon probably sold tens of thousands of PS4 in the US being the biggest online retailer a few neg reviews really measn shit all especially how their validity cant even be truested.  And a high amazon complaints can easily be atttributes to the sheer fact that a MILLION Ps4 were sold in a day.  

No shit no other console had as many amazon complaits as fast, they sold at 1/10th the rate.

Like any hardware some will have problems.  

Apple sells as many iPhones and iPads in 6 months than Sony sells Playstations per generation. Yet they have nowhere near the ratio of defective reviews on Amazon - so your argument about volume is fallacious.

I really don't understand why people are so desperate to cover this up. There is clearly an issue - even Sony has admitted to it. If you think this is within "expected norms of electronics" then your expectations are too low.

I also don't understand why people are ready to believe anything bad related to Sony. Yup, these amazon reviewers can't be lying. How about using a reliable source for a change? One way or another the actual failure numbers will come out. Sony won't be able to hide them from investors. You act like all those people who read magazines about celebrities and believe everything they read about them. I'll resevre judgement until we get a reliable source. Also, it seems that you're not taking into account all the people who did purchase several ps4s, but sold them on ebay for profit. They could easily lie about their purchases on amazon. I'm not saying that that's what's happening, simply that there are several possibilities you haven't explored and choose to simply refer to the situation as a cover up. Who knows, it might be, but at this point it's just speculation.

naruball said:

I also don't understand why people are ready to believe anything bad related to Sony. Yup, these amazon reviewers can't be lying. How about using a reliable source for a change? One way or another the actual failure numbers will come out. Sony won't be able to hide them from investors. You act like all those people who read magazines about celebrities and believe everything they read about them. I'll resevre judgement until we get a reliable source. Also, it seems that you're not taking into account all the people who did purchase several ps4s, but sold them on ebay for profit. They could easily lie about their purchases on amazon. I'm not saying that that's what's happening, simply that there are several possibilities you haven't explored and choose to simply refer to the situation as a cover up. Who knows, it might be, but at this point it's just speculation.

I don't mean the situation is a "cover-up" like in the NSA sense of the word, but there is an unhealthy amount of denial going on here. The question of this thread is: Are PS4's still breaking? And based on the reviews of one of the biggest retailers of PS4's, the answer is: YES. The issue is on-going.

You act like all those people who read magazines about celebrities and believe everything they read about them.

If you think that hundreds of verified Amazon purchasers are somehow lying, then I dare say YOU are the one with a credulity problem.