By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS4s Still Breaking?

Licence said:
SupBambiKing said:

At Midnight the Xbox One got 1 Star Reviews on Amazon.de/at from verified people LOL

I had a look over at amazon.de, and of the eight 1-star reviews, NOT ONE is from an Amazon verified purchase. LOL.

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B00DDMC72Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

And how many PS4 reviews are from verified purchasers? Otherwise, the XBone is apparently in trouble, if we're just gonna go by Amazon

Around the Network
Licence said:
BeElite said:
Licence said:
I don't know about a 40% failure rate, but judging by the ratio of 1-star BLOD reviews on amazon.com, it certainly seems to be a real concerning and on-going issue.

when judgeing u may want to use a source worth a damn not bs like amazon reviews.

Oh, there is a lot of selective believing going on around this issue. For me, I've ever seen a product with such a high ration of failure rates after a few days on Amazon, and it would be incredulous to believe that these are all just MS shills. There clearly is an issue, the question is just, how bad is it really?

If you look at those 1 star reviews on Amazon, you'll notice that 99% of them are from non-verified purchases. That means they're fake. It also seems like the legitimate 1 star reviewers are getting replacements today.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Licence said:
BeElite said:
Licence said:
I don't know about a 40% failure rate, but judging by the ratio of 1-star BLOD reviews on amazon.com, it certainly seems to be a real concerning and on-going issue.

when judgeing u may want to use a source worth a damn not bs like amazon reviews.

Oh, there is a lot of selective believing going on around this issue. For me, I've ever seen a product with such a high ration of failure rates after a few days on Amazon, and it would be incredulous to believe that these are all just MS shills. There clearly is an issue, the question is just, how bad is it really?

If you look at those 1 star reviews on Amazon, you'll notice that 99% of them are from non-verified purchases. That means they're fake. It also seems like the legitimate 1 star reviewers are getting replacements today.

Pure rubbish. By far the majority are from verified purchases. Check for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

bigjon said:

Its been a few days since I have heard people claiming that PS4 has a 40% failure rate. I know BenV's took a crap but I dont recall any other users here claiming an issue since.

Where did you get the 40% from? The failure rate on VGChartz was less than 1% last I checked.

BMaker11 said:
nd how many PS4 reviews are from verified purchasers? Otherwise, the XBone is apparently in trouble, if we're just gonna go by Amazon

By far the majority, actually.

P.S. I don't understand the point of your screen shot. None are from verified purchases.

Around the Network

This Licence guy is trying to take the small, small, *small* number of instances of PS4s having issues, and blow it up to mean that half of them are breaking and everyone is trying to downplay and cover it up.

Ok, let's get an equal number of reported instances and then blow that up to mean an unacceptable number XBones are breaking:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1r6wb3/xbox_one_issues_so_far/

4-5 reported cases of disc drives not working, 1 case of hanging loading screens, 1 case of a ban after putting in the EOU update.

PS4 had about 8 initial reports of issues, and everyone blew it out of proportion. So let's use this Licence guy's logic for this situation. There are 7 reports of XBone issues, so that means they're all breaking! And it's only 7 so far. To deny these *sneer* damning statistics is you just covering up that Microsoft has put out a bad product

Licence said:
adriane23 said:
Licence said:
BeElite said:
Licence said:

Pure rubbish. By far the majority are from verified purchases.

The majoroty of positive reviews, yes.

I also noticed a lot of fake 1 star reviews for the Xbox One, putting it at 3 stars overall. Are you still going to go by Amazon reviews? Do you think that's actually and intelligent thing to do?

It must be too early for me to be on VGChartz because I only just now noticed that you only have 169 posts. I'll remember to ignore you from now on until you establish yourself here.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

It's so pathetic seeing obvious fanboys create biased reviews on rival consoles/games pages without actually owning the fucking thing. At least Amazon verified purchase badges are hard to elude - without actually purchasing the damn thing.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

adriane23 said:
Licence said:
adriane23 said:
Licence said:
BeElite said:
Licence said:

Pure rubbish. By far the majority are from verified purchases.

The majoroty of positive reviews, yes.

I also noticed a lot of fake 1 star reviews for the Xbox One, putting it at 3 stars overall. Are you still going to go by Amazon reviews? Do you think that's actually and intelligent thing to do?

It must be too early for me to be on VGChartz because I only just now noticed that you only have 169 posts. I'll remember to ignore you from now on until you establish yourself here.

We are talking about the 1-star DOA reviews, on Amazon.com, of which the vast majority are from *verified* purchases. The XB1 1-star reviews on Amazon.de has ZERO verified purchases. 

As for bringing up my number of points - it is common for a debater to attack his opponent's credibility when he's run out of valid arguments.

BMaker11 said:

This Licence guy is trying to take the small, small, *small* number of instances of PS4s having issues, and blow it up to mean that half of them are breaking and everyone is trying to downplay and cover it up.

Ok, let's get an equal number of reported instances and then blow that up to mean an unacceptable number XBones are breaking:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1r6wb3/xbox_one_issues_so_far/

4-5 reported cases of disc drives not working, 1 case of hanging loading screens, 1 case of a ban after putting in the EOU update.

PS4 had about 8 initial reports of issues, and everyone blew it out of proportion. So let's use this Licence guy's logic for this situation. There are 7 reports of XBone issues, so that means they're all breaking! And it's only 7 so far. To deny these *sneer* damning statistics is you just covering up that Microsoft has put out a bad product

When almost 30% of the reviews on your product is 1-star DOA reviews from verified customers, then the problem can hardly be described as "small, small, *small*". And there are almost a thousand of them, not the 8 you are talking about.