By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS4s Still Breaking?

Its been a few days since I have heard people claiming that PS4 has a 40% failure rate. I know BenV's took a crap but I dont recall any other users here claiming an issue since.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Nah its Xboxes breaking atm, and PS4's will start breaking again on the 29th

Just like with the XBONE, 90% of it is nothing but FUD.

We won't have non fanboy numbers for months and even years.

I don't know about a 40% failure rate, but judging by the ratio of 1-star BLOD reviews on amazon.com, it certainly seems to be a real concerning and on-going issue.

Yes, yes they continue to break en masse. PS4 sales are inflated by the Blue Light of Death.

Believe in social media (foams on the mouth)

Around the Network
tiffac said:

Yes, yes they continue to break en masse. PS4 sales are inflated by the Blue Light of Death.

Believe in social media (foams on the mouth)

Social media is untrustworthy, true.

Sony's official statements - now those never lie. (raising hands in worship)

Licence said:
I don't know about a 40% failure rate, but judging by the ratio of 1-star BLOD reviews on amazon.com, it certainly seems to be a real concerning and on-going issue.

when judgeing u may want to use a source worth a damn not bs like amazon reviews.

BeElite said:
Licence said:

when judgeing u may want to use a source worth a damn not bs like amazon reviews.

Oh, there is a lot of selective believing going on around this issue. For me, I've ever seen a product with such a high ration of failure rates after a few days on Amazon, and it would be incredulous to believe that these are all just MS shills. There clearly is an issue, the question is just, how bad is it really?

Well, on biggest Russian gaming site we have atm 2 PS4 owners. (USA consoles). One console is dead and one - works. Pretty bad haul if you ask me... Waiting for the official European launch on 29th.

Licence said:

At Midnight the Xbox One got 1 Star Reviews on Amazon.de/at from verified people LOL
In over 1 Million PS4 at day1 under 10 000 consoles have issues.This is less than expected for electronic devices.
It would be pretty stupid if most of them are from Amazon ;)

At the moment xbox Ones are breaking.PS4 has a break till next week.
At the moment i see the Xbox One Disc drive issue being worse cause it isn't just a 500$/€ Console breaking > It destroys a full price game at the same time OMG!!! -.-

Electronic Devices especially at launch tend to break.No matter the price.Its sad for those few unlucky people but at the same time over a Million are happy.
Same will happen for the One - And in days with Social Media a 0.4% turns into 4% and then into 40%.
I just realize this is exactly how it was to be honest...Sony said 0.4%..hours later on the internet it was 4% and today as you say its 40% on the internet LOL