By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - An example of Class and Classless from your console manufacters

thx1139 said:
So I guess the people that are defending Sony think it is OK at the start of a sporting event when the captains meet in the middle of the field/rink/court, etc. That one teams says good luck and sticks out there hand for a handshake. Then it is OK for the other team to say F Off and walk away.
allblue said:
Sony should really have returned the favour, regardless of competition. Being fixated on bashing their competitor to promote their console is just not a very classy thing to do, especially when they congratulated you in the first place. Major Nelson guy seems like a nice gentleman after all.

Some of you guys really jumped the gun with those comments. The Xbox One hadn't even launched at that point.

The OP is ridiculous. As for the Playstation Facebook comment about 1080p vs 720p, he was most likely referring to upgrading over the PS3, but if the shoe fits...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Fifaguy360 said:
Sony execs already congratulated MS on twitter for their launch.

Just because MS congratulated Sony doesn't mean Sony will stop aggressively marketing their product in comparison to their competitor and vice versa. That's business.

C'mon, let them have their fun, it's so rare they get this chance to gloat.

http://youtu.be/kjJ1bsnxxhs

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Max King of the Wild said:
Wow. Lol. Stupid. Desperate.

First thoughts that came to mind.

Your posts aren't saying too much different through out the forum in the last week or two.

@OP They should have returned the favor.  Even though they are competition they should be setting an example and show the world that they can act as civil competitors.

brendude13 said:

Some of you guys really jumped the gun with those comments. The Xbox One hadn't even launched at that point.

The OP is ridiculous. As for the Playstation Facebook comment about 1080p vs 720p, he was most likely referring to upgrading over the PS3, but if the shoe fits...

This is the original post, before they changed it to be a bit less confrontational.

Yeah, no way they're refering to PS3 there, lol. Not that I really care. M$ can take it. After all, they've done even worse with their Surface vs iPad commercials and anti Gmail spiel. 

TheEspionage said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Wow. Lol. Stupid. Desperate.

First thoughts that came to mind.

Your posts aren't saying too much different through out the forum in the last week or two.

@OP They should have returned the favor.  Even though they are competition they should be setting an example and show the world that they can act as civil competitors.

They did return the favor, at least yoshida & adam boyes did.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
Kratos said:

Glad to see that :)  I saw that above ^  Glad a few of the higher ups are being civil about it. 

Lulz said:
bigjon said:
Wait, your trying to say MS is a classy org?

Compared to Sony over the past 4-5 months they have been. Sony reps have been acting like fucking children. It's embarrasing.

It's funny already, but the inclusion of a timeframe makes it hilarious.

brendude13 said:
thx1139 said:
So I guess the people that are defending Sony think it is OK at the start of a sporting event when the captains meet in the middle of the field/rink/court, etc. That one teams says good luck and sticks out there hand for a handshake. Then it is OK for the other team to say F Off and walk away.
allblue said:
Sony should really have returned the favour, regardless of competition. Being fixated on bashing their competitor to promote their console is just not a very classy thing to do, especially when they congratulated you in the first place. Major Nelson guy seems like a nice gentleman after all.

How gullible do you think people are? Moments before the Xbox One launches Sony pushes out a tweet about 1080p vs 720P that they were referring to the PS3. Good that some Sony execs corrected what others did, but Sony still did it.  Would also notice that MS had a nice image ready to congratulate Sony and Sony  executives did not.  So I am sure that was an oh crap what we did was rather tacky. Lets do damage control.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

TheEspionage said:
Kratos said:

Glad to see that :)  I saw that above ^  Glad a few of the higher ups are being civil about it. 

I've always liked the following people from MS & Sony: Major Nelson, phil spencer & Yoshida, adam boyes, its nice that they compliment each other

I think they really do see each other as worthy competitors.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Lulz said:
bigjon said:
Wait, your trying to say MS is a classy org?

Compared to Sony over the past 4-5 months they have been. Sony reps have been acting like fucking children. It's embarrasing.

Who f***ing cares? Please tell me nonsense like this doesn't factor into your decision making regarding which console to purchase.