By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - An example of Class and Classless from your console manufacters

Kratos said:
TheEspionage said:
Kratos said:

They did return the favor, at least yoshida & adam boyes did.

Glad to see that :)  I saw that above ^  Glad a few of the higher ups are being civil about it. 

I've always liked the following people from MS & Sony: Major Nelson, phil spencer & Yoshida, adam boyes, its nice that they compliment each other

I think they really do see each other as worthy competitors.

I havent followed Adam and Phil Spencer so idk about them but I do like Yoshida and Major Nelson. 

Around the Network

Sony and Microsoft are both horrible companies who both want to win consumers over to their side for only one reason...to get more money from those idiots who probably are also fighting on forums about witch one is the better company. That is also why so many think gamers are a sad bunch of people, lucky the vgchartz community doesn't try to make us look better.

Except that's kind of aimed at last gen consoles to make you make the jump to next gen. Only way you could construe that as a stab at XBOne is if you openly admit that it is the weaker product. So shame on you and those MS fans that think the XBOne is weak :^)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172812&page=1#

How dare a company compare themselves to their closest competitor in a field they are technically superior in,

I;m guessing Microsoft did not make a similar comment as it probably would have gone something like this "Hey all you gamers out there, why put up with 1080p graphics when you can enjoy 720p with that classic fuzzy look from what should have been the old days". lol

Their not a butler, their not supposed to be classy their supposed to sell consoles. I'm guessing Sony's comment did a better job of that then the Microsoft congratulations.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
brendude13 said:
thx1139 said:
So I guess the people that are defending Sony think it is OK at the start of a sporting event when the captains meet in the middle of the field/rink/court, etc. That one teams says good luck and sticks out there hand for a handshake. Then it is OK for the other team to say F Off and walk away.
allblue said:
Sony should really have returned the favour, regardless of competition. Being fixated on bashing their competitor to promote their console is just not a very classy thing to do, especially when they congratulated you in the first place. Major Nelson guy seems like a nice gentleman after all.

Some of you guys really jumped the gun with those comments. The Xbox One hadn't even launched at that point.

The OP is ridiculous. As for the Playstation Facebook comment about 1080p vs 720p, he was most likely referring to upgrading over the PS3, but if the shoe fits...

How gullible do you think people are? Moments before the Xbox One launches Sony pushes out a tweet about 1080p vs 720P that they were referring to the PS3. Good that some Sony execs corrected what others did, but Sony still did it.  Would also notice that MS had a nice image ready to congratulate Sony and Sony  executives did not.  So I am sure that was an oh crap what we did was rather tacky. Lets do damage control.

An "oh crap" like this recent one?

http://n4g.com/news/1399058/microsoft-xbox-one-is-the-most-powerful-console

Hynad said:
thx1139 said:

How gullible do you think people are? Moments before the Xbox One launches Sony pushes out a tweet about 1080p vs 720P that they were referring to the PS3. Good that some Sony execs corrected what others did, but Sony still did it.  Would also notice that MS had a nice image ready to congratulate Sony and Sony  executives did not.  So I am sure that was an oh crap what we did was rather tacky. Lets do damage control.

You are comparing what a marketing people are saying to what some Fanboys are saying that the company said.  Lets just be honest about this. MS took a time out in the competition to wish Sony well with the launch. Sony didnt initially reciprocate and that is all this is about.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Hynad said:
thx1139 said:

You are comparing what a marketing people are saying to what some Fanboys are saying that the company said.  Lets just be honest about this. MS took a time out in the competition to wish Sony well with the launch. Sony didnt initially reciprocate and that is all this is about.

"[...] to what some fanboys are saying the company said."

Please, elaborate on what you mean there.

As for Sony not reciprocating... They should have congratulated MS for their launch... before the XBox One launched?

Mr Khan said:
bigjon said:
Wait, your trying to say MS is a classy org?

Where the hell are these old users coming out of the woodwork from?

The power of next gen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

thx1139 said:
Hynad said:
thx1139 said:

What were they supposed to say?

"Probably congratulations on your console launch that isn't for another 7 days."?