By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus Livestream- Persona 5 announced plus 3 spin-offs

Tagged games:

Which game are you most excited for

Persona 5 45 63.38%

Persona Q 17 23.94%

Persona DAN 1 1.41%

Persona UUSH 0 0%

ALL OF THEM 4 5.63%

my Wallet's emptiness 2 2.82%

NO I HATE PERSONA. SMT RULES 1 1.41%

Total:70
hinch said:
Acevil said:
brendude13 said:
Well this thread turned really, really bitter.

This time I can say this without a fact, blame bitter vita fans that 3DS got a game! :P

@Wyrdness Yay, it has been awhile since I seen intillegence on this site. Further more, people really believe that Persona fans aren't Shin Megami Tensei fans as well? Because if that is true, this is the saddest thing ever I have heard. 

I don't see anyone bitter about Persona being on 3DS.. well, apart from Forevercloud3000. And please, don't make this into VS thread. We have plenty of those already.

Can't we just be happy that we're getting some awesome games to play, instead of attacking the "fans".

Ya I most likely shouldn't but I wouldn't say it is just him. Some seem to be arguing the games choice of platform. Given I was a bit trolling Pezus like I always do. (Since he thinks the 3DS fan service game is a bad idea)

I'm super happy for Persona 5 and Persona 3DS, not so much of Persona Dance. 

Playstationfan12 makes a good point however, besides P5, will any of these titles even make it over.

Around the Network

So lots of new Persona games on various formats!

Happy days!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Acevil said:
hinch said:
Acevil said:
brendude13 said:

This time I can say this without a fact, blame bitter vita fans that 3DS got a game! :P

@Wyrdness Yay, it has been awhile since I seen intillegence on this site. Further more, people really believe that Persona fans aren't Shin Megami Tensei fans as well? Because if that is true, this is the saddest thing ever I have heard. 

I don't see anyone bitter about Persona being on 3DS.. well, apart from Forevercloud3000. And please, don't make this into VS thread. We have plenty of those already.

Can't we just be happy that we're getting some awesome games to play, instead of attacking the "fans".

Ya I most likely shouldn't but I wouldn't say it is just him. Some seem to be arguing the games choice of platform. Given I was a bit trolling Pezus like I always do. (Since he thinks the 3DS fan service game is a bad idea)

Playstationfan12 makes a good point however, besides P5, will any of these titles even make it over.

Heh. Fair enough Yeah its a bit silly complaining about a game not being on your platform of choice, but then some people were just a bit pissy at Atlus when they were trolling us about the P5 announcement. And I agree about the Persona dance game for the Vita. Its like the equivalent of Atlas/SEGA to throwing scraps to a dog. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

hinch said:
Acevil said:
hinch said:
Acevil said:
brendude13 said:

Heh. Fair enough Yeah its a bit silly complaining about a game not being on your platform of choice, but then some people were just a bit pissy at Atlus when they were trolling us about the P5 announcement. And I agree about the Persona dance game for the Vita. Its like the equivalent of Atlas/SEGA to throwing scraps to dog. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Well Vita still has the always sexy Persona 4: Golden, and lets be honest that will be better than any dungeon crawler etrian odyssey persona. 

Acevil said:
hinch said:
Acevil said:

Heh. Fair enough Yeah its a bit silly complaining about a game not being on your platform of choice, but then some people were just a bit pissy at Atlus when they were trolling us about the P5 announcement. And I agree about the Persona dance game for the Vita. Its like the equivalent of Atlas/SEGA to throwing scraps to dog. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Well Vita still has the always sexy Persona 4: Golden, and lets be honest that will be better than any dungeon crawler etrian odyssey persona. 

But Persona 4 Golden is "only" an enhanced port of a PS2 game, so I'd say both systems are pretty even :P

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Around the Network
domflo said:

But Persona 4 Golden is "only" an enhanced port of a PS2 game, so I'd say both systems are pretty even :P

It's more then that I'll even consider it a remake of sorts because it addressed a number of issues like the terrible last third of the PS2 version which just felt rushed to get it out the door.

hinch said:

Heh. Fair enough Yeah its a bit silly complaining about a game not being on your platform of choice, but then some people were just a bit pissy at Atlus when they were trolling us about the P5 announcement. And I agree about the Persona dance game for the Vita. Its like the equivalent of Atlas/SEGA to throwing scraps to a dog. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Should have seen it coming.

If this game has Kanji, I'm buying it.

Someone needs to "haters gonna hate" this GIF.

pezus said:
Wyrdness said:
pezus said:

It's like releasing Metal Gear Solid exclusively on 3DS. It just doesn't make sense given the fanbase is almost all on Sony platforms.

So? Monster Hunter was only on Sony platforms and that moved away, previous platforms don't mean anything as third party titles are not exclusive to only one company that's just flawed thinking.

The franchise moved almost completely away, and Nintendo platforms had received a few ports prior to MH4. That is different.

This time they're releasing a single spinoff on a platform which doesn't have the fanbase for it. Not to mention that Persona and MH are not comparable in any way, since MH is mainstream and Persona is not.

There's a bunch of SMT games on the 3DS, and they have sold well. So there is a fanbase for it. Not to mention, it's being made by the EO guys which also have a solid fanbase on the 3DS.

I'm super happy P5 was finally announced, but it's a long wait :( The 3DS game also looks interesting, but the Dance game is pure milking.

the_dengle said:
forevercloud3000 said:

there is nothing shitty or petty about it.

I, as well as every other Persona fan to this point have owned Playstation consoles. What I was saying is I will boycott any Persona title that is NOT on a PS system, not the ones that are because 1 isn't. I just find it ridiculous to make that PQ game exclusive to 3DS when it could have easily been multiplat and cover a vast majority of your fanbase. Its not like anything techwise the 3DS can do that Vita can't. All you would have to lose is the goofy second screen functions that can be easily rectified by menus.

Your salt is delicious. PQ is made by the Etrian Odyssey team, who has never touched the Vita. The game could not "easily" have been multiplat, any more than Persona 5 could "easily" also be on Wii U.

You got three exclusive Persona games, and you're bitter about a single spin-off on 3DS that was essentially announced three and a half years ago and is clearly a rebranded Etrian Odyssey game.

I am simply not willing to buy a new console/handheld on the sole purpose of playing that. I would have easily have picked that up tho if it was on Vita, like the games it is also based on all are (P1-P4G all on Vita).

I hate when spin offs find the need to litterally spin onto another console for no other purpose than to be different. Sure, Etrian Odyssey Team. Yggdra Union also came to PSP so its not like they are foreign to the concept of being on Sony handheld. Maybe this would have been the perfect opportunity to learn it, seeing as Vita game development is apparently so mind numbingly easy you can port a game in a single month(and thats games that are full console power worthy).

Its just as stupid as Tales of Vesperia appearing exclusively on 360, or Kingdom Hearts:Chains of Memories on GBA. Both had to be later rectified by putting it on the consoles where the fanbase really exists.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)