By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus Livestream- Persona 5 announced plus 3 spin-offs

Tagged games:

Which game are you most excited for

Persona 5 45 63.38%

Persona Q 17 23.94%

Persona DAN 1 1.41%

Persona UUSH 0 0%

ALL OF THEM 4 5.63%

my Wallet's emptiness 2 2.82%

NO I HATE PERSONA. SMT RULES 1 1.41%

Total:70
pezus said:

But it's all about software sales, and Vita has shown that it can sell niche games very well. I would list some games that have been 3DS+Vita multiplats and done much better on Vita but there is probably a bigger expert than me out there for that.

Multiplats are multiplats. This is an exclusive game.

Etrian Odyssey IV, the first Etrian Odyssey game released on 3DS (so there was no established fanbase on the console at the time of release) has sold about 250k globally. This is more sales than all but 17 Vita games, and I would call hardly any of those "niche."

There are very few Vita/3DS multiplats to begin with, and those that exist have performed terribly even between the two consoles combined. I can't think of a single exception to this rule. Time Travelers? Zero Escape? The nichest of the niche. Fewer than 100k sales combined for the former, though we have no numbers for the latter.

Around the Network

Well this thread turned really, really bitter.

pezus said:

The franchise moved almost completely away, and Nintendo platforms had received a few ports prior to MH4. That is different.

This time they're releasing a single spinoff on a platform which doesn't have the fanbase for it. Not to mention that Persona and MH are not comparable in any way, since MH is mainstream and Persona is not.

You missed the point, before any of those ports MH3 became Nintendo exclusive, the MH following then expanded to Nintendo platforms as well as Sony's. The reason developers do this is because they can then place their games on any platform and have a fanbase to take advantage of the success of either company that's why companies expand fanbases, the market is in such a way that companies can no longer have their fanbases on one dedicated brand or platform.

brendude13 said:

This time I can say this without a fact, blame bitter vita fans that 3DS got a game! :P

@Wyrdness Yay, it has been awhile since I seen intillegence on this site. Further more, people really believe that Persona fans aren't Shin Megami Tensei fans as well? Because if that is true, this is the saddest thing ever I have heard. 

Sad, mention vita and nintendo fans are like sharks on meat... Why so bitter?? Vita is amazing, not sure what the issue is.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Sad, mention vita and nintendo fans are like sharks on meat... Why so bitter?? Vita is amazing, not sure what the issue is.

Think you got that one backwards mate no one is attacking Vita but people seem bitter toward the 3DS.

Wyrdness said:
iamdeath said:

Think you got that one backwards mate no one is attacking Vita but people seem bitter toward the 3DS.

No, already see the VITA is DOA, has no games post a few above mine.  Simply false.

Wyrdness said:
iamdeath said:

It was stupid of him to claim that only one side was attacking the other. Don't make the same mistake.

You guys shouldn't be excited for any of these games. Seeing how Sega owns atlus now I doubt any of these games will get localized.

Acevil said:
brendude13 said:

This time I can say this without a fact, blame bitter vita fans that 3DS got a game! :P

@Wyrdness Yay, it has been awhile since I seen intillegence on this site. Further more, people really believe that Persona fans aren't Shin Megami Tensei fans as well? Because if that is true, this is the saddest thing ever I have heard. 

I don't see anyone bitter about Persona being on 3DS.. well, apart from Forevercloud3000. And please, don't make this into VS thread. We have plenty of those already.

Can't we just be happy that we're getting some awesome games to play, instead of attacking the "fans".