By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus Livestream- Persona 5 announced plus 3 spin-offs

Tagged games:

Which game are you most excited for

Persona 5 45 63.38%

Persona Q 17 23.94%

Persona DAN 1 1.41%

Persona UUSH 0 0%

ALL OF THEM 4 5.63%

my Wallet's emptiness 2 2.82%

NO I HATE PERSONA. SMT RULES 1 1.41%

Total:70
brendude13 said:
Persona 4 Arena 2 and Persona 5 for PS3.

Who needs a PS4?

I'm keeping mine.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Soriku said:
pezus said:
And please don't tell me anyone believes a 3DS exclusive fanservice spin-off is a good idea?

Are you sure you're not talking about the Vita game? The 3DS game at least is an RPG and being made by the Etrian Odyssey guys apparently. Don't really see the issue. The dance game is more fanservicey.

Well that's what I can tell from the descriptions. I am also mad at the dance game. Who the heck cares about Persona Dance? The music is good I guess, but it just looks like they're desperately trying to make the series more mainstream.

This is a setup for a Hatsune Miku and Persona cross over and that would blow any dance game out of the water, especially in Japan. lol!

forevercloud3000 said:

there is nothing shitty or petty about it.

I, as well as every other Persona fan to this point have owned Playstation consoles. What I was saying is I will boycott any Persona title that is NOT on a PS system, not the ones that are because 1 isn't. I just find it ridiculous to make that PQ game exclusive to 3DS when it could have easily been multiplat and cover a vast majority of your fanbase. Its not like anything techwise the 3DS can do that Vita can't. All you would have to lose is the goofy second screen functions that can be easily rectified by menus.

No, it is petty when you boycott a game in a series that you like when it doesn´t come to a specific console.

Plain and simple.

ktay95 said:
tiffac said:

I was like

When I saw the 3DS spin-off. Then I was like

When the Vita dance thing was announce (Why do I feel we will get to see a Hatsune Miku and Persona 4 cross over in the future)

Of course the new P4A was totally expected. Its not even a sequel (I think) more like an updated version.

I was already feeling depress. Then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Party time!!!

really Im just quoting so people will look at the pics again, but I too felt the same

Me and  my PS3 where like this after P5 was announced.

pezus said:
And please don't tell me anyone believes a 3DS exclusive fanservice spin-off is a good idea?

We'll know how good an idea it is when we see its sales.

To me, it's like this: Persona on 3DS was confirmed 3 and a half years ago. Etrian Odyssey needs a breather (especially after getting two installments in a 9-month period in NA), so what to do with the Etrian Odyssey team now that they've finished Millenium Girl? Just have them make another Etrian Odyssey game and slap some Persona on it and call it a day.

Atlus knows there's an audience for that kind of gameplay on 3DS, now they can use this game to decide whether or not there's any potential for an audience for Persona games on Nintendo consoles. Or maybe they just want to release a one-and-done Persona spin-off on 3DS. What's wrong with that?

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

there is nothing shitty or petty about it.

I, as well as every other Persona fan to this point have owned Playstation consoles. What I was saying is I will boycott any Persona title that is NOT on a PS system, not the ones that are because 1 isn't. I just find it ridiculous to make that PQ game exclusive to 3DS when it could have easily been multiplat and cover a vast majority of your fanbase. Its not like anything techwise the 3DS can do that Vita can't. All you would have to lose is the goofy second screen functions that can be easily rectified by menus.

Your salt is delicious. PQ is made by the Etrian Odyssey team, who has never touched the Vita. The game could not "easily" have been multiplat, any more than Persona 5 could "easily" also be on Wii U.

You got three exclusive Persona games, and you're bitter about a single spin-off on 3DS that was essentially announced three and a half years ago and is clearly a rebranded Etrian Odyssey game.

orniletter said:

No, it is petty when you boycott a game in a series that you like when it doesn´t come to a specific console.

Plain and simple.

Agreed, I think the reaction is hilarious I own a Vita as well but also have a 3DS as it's fantastic platform for RPGs, I'm glad the Persona game wasn't cancelled after all as for anyone unaware the 3DS game was announced back before the platform's launch. Some people will be working the salt mines today.

the_dengle said:

Your salt is delicious. PQ is made by the Etrian Odyssey team, who has never touched the Vita. The game could not "easily" have been multiplat, any more than Persona 5 could "easily" also be on Wii U.

You got three exclusive Persona games, and you're bitter about a single spin-off on 3DS that was essentially announced three and a half years ago and is clearly a rebranded Etrian Odyssey game.

You know I'm surprised P5 isn't multiplatform to hit as many people as possible although that could still happen.

Wyrdness said:
the_dengle said:

You know I'm surprised P5 isn't multiplatform to hit as many people as possible although that could still happen.

I'm surprised it's not multiplatform, by which I mean I'm surprised it's not PS3/360. I never expected it to be on Wii U. I never even hoped for it. There was no reason to think that P Studio would even consider such a thing.

Still surprised there's no Vita version of Persona 5, just look at the sales of any PS3 / Vita multiplat in Japan this past year.