By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RYSE: Son of Rome - Adam Sessler Review

Oh god, imagine it were to reappear with a different score?
GRAB THE POPCORN GUYS

Around the Network
Frequency said:
GRAB THE POPCORN GUYS

Probably it was uploaded by mistake and it will be re-uploaded after the embargo lifts. No need for conspiracy theories this time

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

JoeTheBro said:
roborad said:
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can give a game a 2/5 unless it's just broken, super unpolished, and downright unplayable.

It doesn't seem to be any of those things, I just see sess disliking the hack and slash old-school genre era.

I think/hope reviewers are finally using all ten points of the scale, instead of the top few. 2/5 should be a slightly below average game, but until recently it has been reserved for the worst of the worst.

I suppose reviewers feel they have to start the new generation somewhere, there would be no room for improvement if they dish out 10/10's already

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Frequency said:
GRAB THE POPCORN GUYS

LMAO, I really hope this happens!

Well, what are ya gonna do, if it sucks then it sucks. I hope at least someone likes the damn thing.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

DJEVOLVE said:

Apparently he does not like hack and slash games. It is very apparent that he wanted to hate this game before he even played, sorry but I will wait for someone else's review.

I'm picking this up tomorrow, no matter what.

I love Ninja Gaiden 2 and bet this guy didn't.

Guess we have to wait for more reviews to see if this review tended towards the low end.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
It's like the treatment Alan Wake got, however I loved the game. I think it was one of the best games I have ever played. We will see tomorrow. I will be buying this either way.

Did Adam Sessler give Alan Wake a bad review? Alan Wake got plenty of good reviews and received much better press before launch than Ryse has.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Frequency said:
GRAB THE POPCORN GUYS

...a new video review with a obviously mistreaded Sessler reading from a note how great the game is, while there is a guy standing behind him who's hands we can't see.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Interesting how he says MP was better than single player.. lol wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

edit:  and more micro transactions.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

SlayerRondo said:
DJEVOLVE said:
It's like the treatment Alan Wake got, however I loved the game. I think it was one of the best games I have ever played. We will see tomorrow. I will be buying this either way.

Did Adam Sessler give Alan Wake a bad review? Alan Wake got plenty of good reviews and received much better press before launch than Ryse has.

Post other reviews. Hmmmmm Looks like this is the only one. Wonder why you would say that? You wouldn't lie to me would you?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

Ryse looked like trash ever since E3 2013.  Just my opinion.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---