By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RYSE: Son of Rome - Adam Sessler Review

roborad said:
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can give a game a 2/5 unless it's just broken, super unpolished, and downright unplayable.

It doesn't seem to be any of those things, I just see sess disliking the hack and slash old-school genre era.

I see a 2/5 as being a game that is little fun to play.

You could make a game that runs perfectly, very polished and completely playable but if the game consist of boring and repetiative hack and slash gameplay then a 2/5 is well deserved.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
roborad said:
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can give a game a 2/5 unless it's just broken, super unpolished, and downright unplayable.

It doesn't seem to be any of those things, I just see sess disliking the hack and slash old-school genre era.

exactly, he is just not a fan of the genre. This genre gets harsh treatment because, Wait for it, IT's NOT  A FPS!

SlayerRondo said:
roborad said:

I see a 2/5 as being a game that is little fun to play.

You could make a game that runs perfectly, very polished and completely playable but if the game consist of boring and repetiative hack and slash gameplay then a 2/5 is well deserved.

You have a axe to grind. This is a horrible review. 2/5 is a broken game.

Why THE HELL isn't this review on rev3games??! Why were it taken down?! That's what surprises me, not the low-ish score...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Why THE HELL isn't this review on rev3games??! Why were it taken down?! That's what surprises me, not the low-ish score...

cause even the company he works for didn't agree with him. He most likely never liked this genre and is not the one to be giving the review.

2/5 is a broken game, not a repetitive game. This is what hack and slash is and has always been.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

unlike djevolves excuse, its because it got pubbed before embargo.

I've downloaded and saved a copy of the review anyway, will compare it to the review that gets reposted later to see if anything got snipped.

DJEVOLVE said:
roborad said:

exactly, he is just not a fan of the genre. This genre gets harsh treatment because, Wait for it, IT's NOT  A FPS!

He's not a fan of the genre?

When he was with G4 I'm pretty sure he gave GoW 3 a 5/5, oh and no he's not Sony biased he also gave GoW: A a 3/5 and stirred up controversy over it. if anything Adam Sessler is a big fan of the hack n' slash/action game genre.

lets wait until more reviews start pouring in and we'll see if Adam is right on the money or way off, 

Cj2i3 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
roborad said:

When he was with G4 I'm pretty sure he gave GoW 3 a 5/5, oh and no he's not Sony biased he also gave GoW: A a 3/5 and stirred up controversy over it. if anything Adam Sessler is a big fan of the hack n' slash/action game genre.

lets wait until more reviews start pouring in and we'll see if Adam is right on the money or way off, 

He also never played racing games before, but gave forza 5 a 9, didnt see djevolve moaning then.

Cj2i3 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
roborad said:

2/5 is broken completly, not repetitive.

I managed to watch it the combat has 3 moves followed by QTE events ( YES there still there ), this is why he says its Shallow and boring.

QTE are more of a simon says affair now, instead of big button prompt the enemies flash the color of the button you need to press, and it happens constantly.