By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RYSE: Son of Rome - Adam Sessler Review

DJEVOLVE said:
SlayerRondo said:
roborad said:
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can give a game a 2/5 unless it's just broken, super unpolished, and downright unplayable.

It doesn't seem to be any of those things, I just see sess disliking the hack and slash old-school genre era.

I see a 2/5 as being a game that is little fun to play.

You could make a game that runs perfectly, very polished and completely playable but if the game consist of boring and repetiative hack and slash gameplay then a 2/5 is well deserved.

You have a axe to grind. This is a horrible review. 2/5 is a broken game.

2/5 is a bad game that does what it intends to do poorly.

His review claims that Ryse became boring and repetiative after a couple of hours with a poor narrative to drive players onwards.

I would also like you to look to your signiture gif before claiming other people have an axe to grind.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
DJEVOLVE said:
SlayerRondo said:
roborad said:
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can give a game a 2/5 unless it's just broken, super unpolished, and downright unplayable.

It doesn't seem to be any of those things, I just see sess disliking the hack and slash old-school genre era.

I see a 2/5 as being a game that is little fun to play.

You could make a game that runs perfectly, very polished and completely playable but if the game consist of boring and repetiative hack and slash gameplay then a 2/5 is well deserved.

You have a axe to grind. This is a horrible review. 2/5 is a broken game.

2/5 is a bad game that does what it intends to do poorly.

His review claims that Ryse became boring and repetiative after a couple of hours with a poor narrative to drive players onwards.

I would also like you to look to your signiture gif before claiming other people have an axe to grind.

Thats a 40% score. 40% is a completly broken game. He kept on about nothing new and repetitive. DId  you even watch it. NO...

DJEVOLVE said:

Thats a 40% score. 40% is a completly broken game. He kept on about nothing new and repetitive. DId  you even watch it. NO...

You are taking this score far too personally.

DJEVOLVE said:
DanneSandin said:
Why THE HELL isn't this review on rev3games??! Why were it taken down?! That's what surprises me, not the low-ish score...

cause even the company he works for didn't agree with him. He most likely never liked this genre and is not the one to be giving the review.

2/5 is a broken game, not a repetitive game. This is what hack and slash is and has always been.

lol its because he broke the review embargo, but your excuse it better lol

Frequency said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Maybe but it's hard to believe a 40% review. The game looks amazing, plays with ease. IS that a reason for 40%, maybe 60% but not 40%.

Never liked this guy, even at E3.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:

Nope, 1/10 is reserved for completely broken games.

DJEVOLVE said:
Frequency said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Maybe but it's hard to believe a 40% review. The game looks amazing, plays with ease. IS that a reason for 40%, maybe 60% but not 40%.

And Joystiq gave Tearaway a 60, despite it being hands down the most enjoyable and creative game on the Vita, but you dont see me posting multiple times in a thread about it.

DJEVOLVE said:
Frequency said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Whats broken i sconverting a star rating to a percentage, Yes metacritic is also broken

in 5 star rating 3 is average 2 is poor, 1 is broken

Frequency said:

And Joystiq gave Tearaway a 60, despite it being hands down the most enjoyable and creative game on the Vita, but you dont see me posting multiple times in a thread about it.

Many do and I bet you did.

Hold up, am I on a gamer site.

What should be talking about. Not the review.

Also I'm commenting back to all that quoted me.

DJEVOLVE said:
Frequency said:

Many do and I bet you did.

Feel free to check my post history.