By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RYSE: Son of Rome - Adam Sessler Review

shikamaru317 said:

This review may not even end up on Metacritic, they didn't add his 5/5 review for Forza 5. Also, Rev3Games has mentioned before that the way that they review games (5 stars) doesn't neccessarily convert well to a 100 point rating system like what is used by Metacritic. The 5 star rating system is a holdover from Adam's time on G4, I'm not really sure why ke kept it instead of moving on with the rest of the journalism industry to a 10 or 100 point rating system. Also, I don't think that Rev3Games gives half star reviews, so this could have been closer to a 2.5 and got rounded down to 2.

The 5 star system is a joke. Doesn't allow for precision reviews. It's completely flawed. This guy is a idiot. I'm keeping my 5 star cause I can....

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

This review may not even end up on Metacritic, they didn't add his 5/5 review for Forza 5. Also, Rev3Games has mentioned before that the way that they review games (5 stars) doesn't neccessarily convert well to a 100 point rating system like what is used by Metacritic. The 5 star rating system is a holdover from Adam's time on G4, I'm not really sure why ke kept it instead of moving on with the rest of the journalism industry to a 10 or 100 point rating system. Also, I don't think that Rev3Games gives half star reviews, so this could have been closer to a 2.5 and got rounded down to 2.

Won't go on Meta, Sessler doesn't like it. Rev3 reviews never count to metacritic

Visuals look amazing

shikamaru317 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
shikamaru317 said:

The 5 star system is a joke. Doesn't allow for precision reviews. It's completely flawed. This guy is a idiot. I'm keeping my 5 star cause I can....

Trust me, Adam Sessler is no idiot, he's one of the most intelligent journalists in the industry. He's more Microsoft friendly than a large number of other journalists out there, as a pretty major Xbox fan, I wouldn't be a fan of Adam if he was biased against Microsoft. I've seen him defend Microsoft on several occasions, recently he defended Microsoft in the resolutiongate controversy, saying that there were more important things to gaming than resolution, which got him alot of flak from the Sony ponies as well as some PC elitists. Just today I saw him attempt to assuage a gamer's concerns about privacy on the Xbox One on his webcam call-in show, Address the Sess, his Xbox One hardware review yesterday was mostly positive, and his Forza 5 review was 5/5 (one of only two perfect scores for Forza 5).

The 5 star system is a broken system, he needs to address the issue.

Kowan said:
Ryse is a technical demo for Xbox one. It looks beautiful. That's all. Also he gave Forza 5 a 5/5 or a 100.

Adam Sessler said the same exact thing. He basically called it the Xbox One's Knack. 

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
shikamaru317 said:

5 Star system is great the 1-10 system is floored, where everything below 7 is Shit these days., having 6 ratings for differnt qualities of shit and only using 4 to cover average to good is a stupid system. 

Played it today for a short period and it's not bad at all. Graphics are fantastic. I found it to be kind of like a cross between god of war and assassin's creed. Only issue I can potentially see is that it may be short. I finished level 1 in about 30 minutes on hardcore mode and if the level select screen encompasses the whole game there are only about 8 levels if I recall. It could be a pretty short 5-8 hour game.

Not surprised, the game looked horrible

The NDA has not run out yet. They must be trying to hide something by having the NDA run so close up to launch. This promises nothing good for the game.

DJEVOLVE said:

Apparently he does not like hack and slash games. It is very apparent that he wanted to hate this game before he even played, sorry but I will wait for someone else's review.

I'm picking this up tomorrow, no matter what.

I love Ninja Gaiden 2 and bet this guy didn't.

Adam has sentimental value to me as a gamer.

Adam is a pseudointellectual.

Adam regularly feels it's necessary to remind people that he was a banker for 5 minutes.

Adam is just another youtube moron that's scared shitless of having to get a real job.