By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RYSE: Son of Rome - Adam Sessler Review

Get the games you want, judge for yourself regardless the reviews. Remember Haze? I had fun with it

Around the Network

Not surprised.

It is a 6/10 game for me from what I played... Knack was a 7/10 if you guys thinks I'm being biased... both lacks something that make the games good... Knack lacks personality and Ryse everything except graphics.

Dv8thwonder said:
Kowan said:
Ryse is a technical demo for Xbox one. It looks beautiful. That's all. Also he gave Forza 5 a 5/5 or a 100.

Adam Sessler said the same exact thing. He basically called it the Xbox One's Knack. 

If you actaully pay attention to anything Adam says about scoring you will know that when they give a 5/5 that does not equate to 10/10, and you would have to be quite special to scale that up to 100. You are the specific person that Adam targets and despises in many of his rants. (adam is also a moron so I'm cool with you)

Embargo ended.

Gamespot 4/10
Eurogamer 5/10
Polygon 6/10

IGN 6.8/10

Around the Network

IGN 6.8

Much better than I thought

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Ryse is X1 Knak confirmed!!

It will be a nice free Game With Gold next year. Some times I realy like to master the combat, can waite a few months.

this is disappoints after all the hype that this will be a killer title

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

DJEVOLVE said:

Apparently he does not like hack and slash games. It is very apparent that he wanted to hate this game before he even played, sorry but I will wait for someone else's review.

I'm picking this up tomorrow, no matter what.

I love Ninja Gaiden 2 and bet this guy didn't.

LOL ohh what a comment! go play proper hack and slash game like GoW and DmC and go see what made them awesome. its obvious your extreme bias is speaking here and not any logical reasoning. Ryse's gameplay looks like a dumbed down AC combat system that doesnt even let you use more than two weapons, and the only upgrades available are to unlock boring slow motion finishing move QTE's that you can never lose even when you fail the QTE's. Proper hack and slash games games have combo's to unlock and use, new weapons, new abilities. Ryse does not.