By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

RolStoppable said:
F0X said:

So, anyway, I was right all this time. I never once doubted EAD Tokyo, a studio that has earned our respect and trust many times before.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Yeah I agree that the reveal trailer wasn't so hot. I just wish fewer conclusions were jumped to. 

Next stop: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

If I had been a mod at the time, there would have been mass bannings. Super Mario 3D World received glowing praise in comparison.

Ugh. The things people said about Retro and DKC were truly sickening. They acted as if it didn't take much effort to make a great side-scrolling platformer. :P

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

One does not simply doubt EAD and so did I not.
The best part was when people said that Sonic would be killing this game, made my day. :P
As Rol said, DKC-TP is next and it'll also be the same.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I seem to recall being among a minority who liked the game when it was shown and recently got caught up in an argument with a so called journalist over whether or not it had new ideas in it (I'd personally played the game at London's Comic Con). Now it seems the reviews agree with me that the are a lot of new ideas in the game.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I knew it was gonna be good from when it got revealed, I even made a thread defending it.

I made this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162072&page=1

I was seriously considering leaving VGChartz around that time. So many people upset for no reason despite Nintendo delivering some serious goods at E3 2013.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Why isn't this in the OP? XD

Edit: Nvm. You updated it:p

Nah. No crow for me. My first time seeing the game was in HD on my Wii U and it looked great then. I missed E3 this year and couldn't understand the outrage. It's in my history somewhere. Glad the game is good. I was hyped for it.

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:
F0X said:

So, anyway, I was right all this time. I never once doubted EAD Tokyo, a studio that has earned our respect and trust many times before.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Yeah I agree that the reveal trailer wasn't so hot. I just wish fewer conclusions were jumped to. 

Next stop: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

If I had been a mod at the time, there would have been mass bannings. Super Mario 3D World received glowing praise in comparison.

What about DKCR HD? Did someone said anything bad?

I will laugh when it turns out to be far superior to DCKR... and also kicks the ass of any side-scrolling platformer that has been released in the past decade.

F0X said:

I will laugh when it turns out to be far superior to DCKR... and also kicks the ass of any side-scrolling platformer that has been released in the past decade.

I thought NSMBU was the better 2D platformer of the last decade, or so I read around the web. To me was NSMBWii. Didn't played DK in Wii or 3DS. Maybe I'll get the HD version.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

F0X said:

Ugh. The things people said about Retro and DKC were truly sickening. They acted as if it didn't take much effort to make a great side-scrolling platformer. :P

We are going to see some massive flip flopping when the game releases.