By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

DJEVOLVE said:
Looking good, Nintendo needs a break. They need a achievement system, as much as people say they don't care, a big portion does. That would just add to the system. They can easily do a coin and star system.

You know, now you mention it, Nintendo could easily have the best achievement system yet if they go by this kind of criteria.

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Looking good, Nintendo needs a break. They need a achievement system, as much as people say they don't care, a big portion does. That would just add to the system. They can easily do a coin and star system.

You know, now you mention it, Nintendo could easily have the best achievement system yet if they go by this kind of criteria.

Good, go message them, I have.

Dv8thwonder said:

You must not be from the U.S because around here procrastination is a tradition.

Is it like that movie "Jingle all the way" where people are all christmas shopping on christmas eve?

Not unexpected to see a Nintendo game being overrated...

>User was banned for this post [RH]

Lawlight said:

Oh come on now that's just being rediculous, sure fans of the franchise running nintendo specific sites might be more inclined to give it good scores, but it's not like it's a bad game, far from it, and it's not like its being showerd with perfect scores either, just CONSISTENTLY HIGH scores, which says a lot more to me than the overall score.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Here you go again!!! Somebody with no connection with nintendo already coming in here to bash it lol!

Your just hating on the fact nintendo makes great games! Seriously though pls stop! its annoying! 

Frequency said:
Dv8thwonder said:

You must not be from the U.S because around here procrastination is a tradition.

Is it like that movie "Jingle all the way" where people are all christmas shopping on christmas eve?

Most people start christmas shopping around late november/ early december over here. Christmas eve is when you fucked up and bought a stupid gift for someone and need to get something else ASAP.

Lawlight said:

I don't understand why people can't just be happy. I mean, I understand that you've obviously played the game through to completion already before the game has even released to know it's overrated, so your opinion is obviously justified.

But can't you just let everyone else enjoy the acclaim the game is getting after all the negativity, including from the sites which gave it a 10? This is regardless of the fact that it's rated far higher than any game for either of the new systems (to be expected), but there you are.

I'm going to be playing this game over Christmas, and I'm sure I'm going to love the title. So don't belittle the fact that you've already completed the game in this thread, and just let everyone else enjoy it please! 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:

I don't understand why people can't just be happy. I mean, I understand that you've obviously played the game through to completion already before the game has even released to know it's overrated, so your opinion is obviously justified.

But can't you just let everyone else enjoy the acclaim the game is getting after all the negativity, including from the sites which gave it a 10? This is regardless of the fact that it's rated far higher than any game for either of the new systems (to be expected), but there you are.

I'm going to be playing this game over Christmas, and I'm sure I'm going to love the title. So don't belittle the fact that you've already completed the game in this thread, and just let everyone else enjoy it please! 

You took the words right out of my mouth.

(You know they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :P)

Frequency said:
Lawlight said:

Oh come on now that's just being rediculous, sure fans of the franchise running nintendo specific sites might be more inclined to give it good scores, but it's not like it's a bad game, far from it, and it's not like its being showerd with perfect scores either, just CONSISTENTLY HIGH scores, which says a lot more to me than the overall score.

Not saying it is a bad game - I'm sure it is great. It looks great too. But there is just so many Nintendo fansites that are counted on metacritic. It's not a surprise really though, Nintendo was around first and a lot of people grew up with them (the average gamer is 35, afterall).