By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

Lawlight said:
Frequency said:
Lawlight said:
Not unexpected to see a Nintendo game being overrated...

Oh come on now that's just being rediculous, sure fans of the franchise running nintendo specific sites might be more inclined to give it good scores, but it's not like it's a bad game, far from it, and it's not like its being showerd with perfect scores either, just CONSISTENTLY HIGH scores, which says a lot more to me than the overall score.

Not saying it is a bad game - I'm sure it is great. It looks great too. But there is just so many Nintendo fansites that are counted on metacritic. It's not a surprise really though, Nintendo was around first and a lot of people grew up with them (the average gamer is 35, afterall).

Some things to note.

You have to do things well in order to generate a large number of fans, and proportionally end up with many fansites.

I don't see you complaining about xbox specific or playstation specific metacritic scores for being potentially biased.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
Lawlight said:
Frequency said:
Lawlight said:

Oh come on now that's just being rediculous, sure fans of the franchise running nintendo specific sites might be more inclined to give it good scores, but it's not like it's a bad game, far from it, and it's not like its being showerd with perfect scores either, just CONSISTENTLY HIGH scores, which says a lot more to me than the overall score.

Not saying it is a bad game - I'm sure it is great. It looks great too. But there is just so many Nintendo fansites that are counted on metacritic. It's not a surprise really though, Nintendo was around first and a lot of people grew up with them (the average gamer is 35, afterall).

Some things to note.

You have to do things well in order to generate a large number of fans, and proportionally end up with many fansites.

I don't see you complaining about xbox specific or playstation specific metacritic scores for being potentially biased.

This^^

I mean look at ign, talks 50% Sony, 49% M$, 1% Nintendo! No lie! look at the articles, podcast, etc! Funny thing is all theywere talking about the past month was SM3DW. One sony editor (greg miller i think his name is) from ign was only talking SM3DW lol! He is definitely a Sony+Nintendo fanboy for sure! Best combo this gen! 

Lawlight said:
Frequency said:
Lawlight said:

I only count three "Nintendo centric" sites of the 45 critics reviews for the game on Metacritic. 

The two fansites are Nintendo Life and Nintendo World Report, the other one is the Official Nintendo Magazine UK. I guess you can argue the fansites are fanboyish, but ONM actually reviews Nintendo games fairly hard. 

Frequency said:
Dv8thwonder said:

You must not be from the U.S because around here procrastination is a tradition.

Is it like that movie "Jingle all the way" where people are all christmas shopping on christmas eve?

Every damn year.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:
Frequency said:
Lawlight said:

I only count three "Nintendo centric" sites of the 45 critics reviews for the game on Metacritic. 

The two fansites are Nintendo Life and Nintendo World Report, the other one is the Official Nintendo Magazine UK. I guess you can argue the fansites are fanboyish, but ONM actually reviews Nintendo games fairly hard. 

Good point, Just notice out of the 3 fansites ONM didn't even give the game a 10. i think they gave it a 9.3? Anyway sites like Destructoid that give a nintendo exclusive a 10 must mean something! (they gave loz a 6.5 o.O)

Around the Network

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

ah nothing better than Nintendo caused quality buthurt

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I got a little skeptical when they started pulled graphical stuff like blue tints, over exposure, and normal maps in general.

But if the game is solid, the game is solid, and I'm very happy to hear that's the case.

I doubted it big time. So, so glad I was wrong. The trailer for this plus Retro working on DKC:TF....omg I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in Nintendo. And although Metascores aren't everything, this has at least restored my faith in how DK might turn out.

Tied with Bioshock Infinite and one point behind The Last of Us.

Not that it matters. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was 2010's highest-rated game, yet it didn't win very many GOTY awards. Granted, Red Dead Redemption was and is still the best game Rockstar ever produced.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero