By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has already outsold the WiiU in USA in 2013 sales.

tiffac said:
Why is everyone forgetting that the PS4 has a 40% failure rate? It has already been confirmed by social media!

Uhm, no it hasn't, that would have to be at least 400,000 defective consoles, a few hundred dead PS4's from amazon is dead far from that number.

Around the Network

Insane how positive build up led to such massive sales.

I really think MS screw ups are part of the reason.

Scisca said:
cbarroso09 said:
yay, I am going to buy a PS4 now because it sold 1 million already! and I am going to buy ... oh wait, it doesn't have any game I can't in other consoles. I guess nobody care if it has games or not.

Oh, you poor thing Here, have a cookie:

I'm bloody starving.

To be honest, this shows more how pathetically the Wii U has performed moreso than anything else. Though the launch numbers are nice, the are largely irrelevant. I'm more interested in how the console sells past the holiday season. My gut says it will drop off very hard.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
To be honest, this shows more how pathetically the Wii U has performed moreso than anything else. Though the launch numbers are nice, the are largely irrelevant. I'm more interested in how the console sells past the holiday season. My gut says it will drop off very hard.

How long will the WII U live anyways ? I'll give it that it's life will probably diminish early 2015 seeing as 2014 looks to be the peak. The X1 and PS4 will come hard at the WII U with a ton of 3rd party games to seriously massacre the WII U. 

Around the Network
ChristianTheAtheist said:
tiffac said:
Why is everyone forgetting that the PS4 has a 40% failure rate? It has already been confirmed by social media!

Uhm, no it hasn't, that would have to be at least 400,000 defective consoles, a few hundred dead PS4's from amazon is dead far from that number.

Why do you bother responding to such stupid post?

OT: This is no great surprise as I had the PS4 to outsell the wii u total in a couple of months. The PS4 and the xbone are far more desirable that the wii u.

I like Nintendo but hell, they screwed up.

fatslob-:O said:
Arius Dion said:

How long will the WII U live anyways ? I'll give it that it's life will probably diminish early 2015 seeing as 2014 looks to be the peak. The X1 and PS4 will come hard at the WII U with a ton of 3rd party games to seriously massacre the WII U. 

At this point, Wii U is irrelevant lol. Thanks to Nintendo's own doing. 

The he problem is though if you take Wii's contribution out of last gen the picture is bleak. The 8th gen has no Wii. And very rarely do franchises carry over their sales power into the next gen cycle. If cod isn't able to match last gens sales what game will sell these systems? The industry is becoming AAA only and that isn't healthy. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Very impressive numbers for the PS4. Kudos to Sony, and we can finally mark 2013 as the year the Wii fad has died.

Failure rate should explain how high PS4 is selling. I mean, that's why 360 sold so much, right?

I have to laugh at this thread. Man talk about digging for something positive to say...
We got games... Not according to reviews.
We got the most powerful.. Not according to PC.
We got reliability. Not according to all the launch failures....
Ok. Lets pretend consoles always sell at launch day numbers and that only Sony fans group up and buy consoles on launch days and then brag about it like we have a valid point. I mean what else we got? You got me there. what else have we got.

I don't think anyone argued that Sony's diehard wouldn't buy the console but the challenge is, will those with higher standards and no brand loyalty buy a faulty console that charges for online?
1 million launch consoles? Yeah the Wii U did that too.