By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has already outsold the WiiU in USA in 2013 sales.

Somini said:
Twilord said:
Somini said:
Twilord said:
There goes my faith in humanity.

Your faith in humanity was dependant on the WiiU selling well enough?

Humanity is doomed!

Yeap, it was entirely dependant on the trend of consoles with more games rated 85+ on Metacritic but costs less not being outsold near instantly because of nothing but hype.

Joke, obviously. But I am studying game design and generally my style has a leaning of "wacky, but fun-focused at the core". I get warned it is "comparable to Nintendo, likely to get more high scores than sales".

You know PS4 has indie titles and will have more?

Rainbow Moon, "wacky, but fun-focused at the core", like you call it, was one of my VERY favorite titles on the PS3. I don't why some think fun titles are only available on Nintendo consoles!

I don't deny that the Playstation has such titles. (They've got alot of JRPGs which mostly sell among people who find them that way.)

But realistically PS4 games are selling more for impressiveness than for that RIGHT NOW, which is why I am slightly disappointed it is selling so well RIGHT NOW. Knack had me interested but scored really badly (I may well be getting a PS4 depending on other exclusives the SteamBox doesn't have).

Even within Nintendo, I prefer Wind-Waker and Majoras Mask (which I played after) to Twilight Princess because I felt its occassional OoT deja-vu was aimed at being more impressive than "wacky, but fun focused at the core".

Around the Network

lol, VGC getting on the Nichijou bandwagon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm just going to say that people are being proud for no reason. If launch sales were so important to the success of the console, then Wii U wouldn't be in the trouble it is now. The PS4 can easily fall into the exact same trap the Wii U did. I think Sony fans will actually have something to brag about if it continues past January 2014, otherwise this news means very little. Also, one of the Wii U's several big hitters haven't come out yet (just a few more days).

It's gonna be painful being a Nintendo fan on the Internet for a while. Proud Sony and MS fanboys will rule the interwebs.

MDMAlliance said:
I'm just going to say that people are being proud for no reason. If launch sales were so important to the success of the console, then Wii U wouldn't be in the trouble it is now. The PS4 can easily fall into the exact same trap the Wii U did. I think Sony fans will actually have something to brag about if it continues past January 2014, otherwise this news means very little. Also, one of the Wii U's several big hitters haven't come out yet (just a few more days).

More likely Nintendo fans are in for some serious crow eating the next 2-3 months.

Sony's audience -- the hardcore gamer is still there, and Sony was smart enough to make a straight forward next-gen machine and sell it at a resonable price. They're being rewarded for making smart moves during the development of the system. 

Nintendo decided to do their own thing again but have been abandoned by the casual audience that drove the Wii to its huge success, and by also alienating the core gamer last gen, they're finding that the hangover from the Wii era is looking real rough. 

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
It's gonna be painful being a Nintendo fan on the Internet for a while. Proud Sony and MS fanboys will rule the interwebs.

I'm guessing some of the more vocal Nintendo fans on this site are fairly young (as in under 21). Most probably don't remember the GameCube days. 

MohammadBadir said:

Not really, 3DS will rape PS4 next year with ease lol.

phenom08 said:
MohammadBadir said:

Not really, 3DS will rape PS4 next year with ease lol.

I doubt it. Even 3DS will be in tough to beat PS4 for November NPD if Sony ships anymore consoles. 

This year is probably the 3DS' peak ... nothing next year is going to have the impact of Pokemon X/Y. 

Andrespetmonkey said:

whoa

Lol PS3 and Vita am cry. Quite the change for PS4.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Soundwave said:
MDMAlliance said:

More likely Nintendo fans are in for some serious crow eating the next 2-3 months.

Sony's audience -- the hardcore gamer is still there, and Sony was smart enough to make a straight forward next-gen machine and sell it at a resonable price. They're being rewarded for making smart moves during the development of the system. 

Nintendo decided to do their own thing again but have been abandoned by the casual audience that drove the Wii to its huge success, and by also alienating the core gamer last gen, they're finding that the hangover from the Wii era is looking real rough. 

Crow eating? Ninty and Nintendo fans will watch the highest debuting platform of all time take an asskicking to 3DS next year so no not really.