By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

Albicant said:
What's the biggest opening week for a console in NA, the Wii? How does the the PS4 stack up?

if i remember correctly its the Gamecube. and PS4 stomps all over it.

Around the Network

But but but.... they are all broken, right? Right?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:

in the first 24 hours 2 million PS4's in NA alone were reported to be broken. 

bananaking21 said:
Porcupine_I said:

You forgot TacoBell and Review Units... put it to 5M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
bananaking21 said:
Porcupine_I said:

i was trying to spin it around to make the news look like its postive. you know, because im a total fanboy i wanted to spin it.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Porcupine_I said:

in the first 24 hours 2 million PS4's in NA alone were reported to be broken

More then have been sold? It's worse then i thought then. A failure rate of 200% clearly indicates that all the unsold consoles are broken too!

That is proof enough for me. I'm gonna complain to amazon right now, even though i don't get mine for another 2 weeks.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

bananaking21 said:
DonFerrari said:
bananaking21 said:
Porcupine_I said:

i was trying to spin it around to make the news look like its postive. you know, because im a total fanboy i wanted to spin it.

This way, if Sony sold 1M first day and like Xbox360 RROD each will have to buy 5 new consoles them ... we can already put 6M in the console sell through. PS4 already passed WiiU WW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wow, impressive. Grats Sony, that's an incredible number. Keep that momentum going, and I admit this gen could be growing,

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tiffac said:
tbone51 said:

PS4 you have sold over one million units in the first day of sale

Thank you. You clearly replace pokoko as top-provider of cool anime-gifs.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Impressive... that this number, a seven years iatus, is a shadow when copared to iPhones and iPads releases, every year.

But, so. How much of it was pre order? Another million in Europe? 2 million total?