By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

mibuokami said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/xbox-one-and-ps4-shipments-in-q4-2013-expected-to-hit-2-5-to-3-million-each/

Now I am not saying analyst are always correct but given we are talking about shipment figures rather than sales projection, I feel like they should be at least in the right ballpark.

1.5 - 2 million for  Q4 2013 seems like a reasonable (conservative) estimate for each respective console. I think you're seriously under estimating how important NA is to MS and the XBox brand. There is no way MS would ship a meagre 400k unit to the US only. Even as an ultra conservative estimate, I can't see them dropping below 600k initial shipment, and frankly I expect more in both shipment and demand given that Sony would have sold more than 2 million consoles on launch day if there was enough supply.

That was not my point at all... if MS have 1 million manufacture consoles I'm sure they will put at least 700k in US retail.

The issue is that... MS started the production late... in August they are making changes in the hardwatre yet... so they have in the best case two months of mass production and they have a big and complex APU to produce.

They delayed the console in some countries because they are late in production.

I can't see MS shipping more than 600k units but I will be happy if I'm wrong

Around the Network

These are very impressive sales. Now I hope that the games have a decent attach rate.

A wolf wandering through the dark....

ethomaz said:

mibuokami said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/xbox-one-and-ps4-shipments-in-q4-2013-expected-to-hit-2-5-to-3-million-each/

Now I am not saying analyst are always correct but given we are talking about shipment figures rather than sales projection, I feel like they should be at least in the right ballpark.

1.5 - 2 million for  Q4 2013 seems like a reasonable (conservative) estimate for each respective console. I think you're seriously under estimating how important NA is to MS and the XBox brand. There is no way MS would ship a meagre 400k unit to the US only. Even as an ultra conservative estimate, I can't see them dropping below 600k initial shipment, and frankly I expect more in both shipment and demand given that Sony would have sold more than 2 million consoles on launch day if there was enough supply.

That was not my point at all... if MS have 1 million manufacture consoles I'm sure they will put at least 700k in US retail.

The issue is that... MS started the production late... in August they are making changes in the hardwatre yet... so they have in the best case two months of mass production and they have a big and complex APU to produce.

They delayed the console in some countries because they are late in production.

I can't see MS shipping more than 600k units but I will be happy if I'm wrong

I understand, we just disagree on numbers. I believe that global shipment of XB1 this year will reach at least 1.5-2 mil and that at least 1 million+ of that will be heading to NA. I'm also fairly positive they'll have more than 600k unit for NA launch even if they have to bleed the other 12 territory dry. So much of their value added proposition is tied to the US that it just has to take off there above all else.

Sony will be ahead of that though, they're estimating 3 million sale at launch period and given that this the target Sony feels comfortable talking to external press about you can bet that their internal projection will adds another million.