By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

I honestly thought VGC were overtracking this. Unreal first day sales! I wonder if it will hold up well in the holidays though.

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
I honestly thought VGC were overtracking this. Unreal first day sales! I wonder if it will hold up well in the holidays though.

VGC?

oh my freaking jesus lord. thats like a lot right?.

domination 1 million vs 0 xD

mibuokami said:

Really? Given that most source expect the console to sellout, that's a pretty low estimate of initial sale. Surely MS production hasn't fallen that far behind Sony? I was expecting 70% of Sony's shipment at least in the US right? Given that they've already sacrificed so much territory to Sony, the least they can do is supply the heartland of their dynasty with as much initial shipment as possible. This is one of the few territory which is still a Xbox stronghold afterall.

I can't see MS with 1 million units for the 13 countries... if you mean 70% of what Sony shipped then you have 700k for 13 countries and not only two (like PS4).

I expect MS shipping ~600k for the 13 countries... ~400k only for US.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
kopstudent89 said:

VGC?

VGChartz Been saying 1 million preorders for a while, I thought it wouldn't be true at all. I was wrong.

kopstudent89 said:

VGChartz Been saying 1 million preorders for a while, I thought it wouldn't be true at all. I was wrong.

Sony said over 1 million preorders WW... not VGC ;-D... it was official.

ethomaz said:

kopstudent89 said:

Sony said over 1 million preorders WW... not VGC ;-D... it was official.

I get that, but In the preorders charts VGC have been saying for weeks that the PS4 has 1 million preorders. Since those charts are not usuall reliable I dismissed it, honestly did not expect this!

kopstudent89 said:
ethomaz said:
kopstudent89 said:

VGC?

that was from Sony themselves and that was months ago. Expect another million from Europe launnch if Sony can supply it

ethomaz said:

mibuokami said:

Really? Given that most source expect the console to sellout, that's a pretty low estimate of initial sale. Surely MS production hasn't fallen that far behind Sony? I was expecting 70% of Sony's shipment at least in the US right? Given that they've already sacrificed so much territory to Sony, the least they can do is supply the heartland of their dynasty with as much initial shipment as possible. This is one of the few territory which is still a Xbox stronghold afterall.

I can't see MS with 1 million units for the 13 countries... if you mean 70% of what Sony shipped then you have 700k for 13 countries and not only two (like PS4).

I expect MS shipping ~600k for the 13 countries... ~400k only for US.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/xbox-one-and-ps4-shipments-in-q4-2013-expected-to-hit-2-5-to-3-million-each/

Now I am not saying analyst are always correct but given we are talking about shipment figures rather than sales projection, I feel like they should be at least in the right ballpark.

1.5 - 2 million for  Q4 2013 seems like a reasonable (conservative) estimate for each respective console. I think you're seriously under estimating how important NA is to MS and the XBox brand. There is no way MS would ship a meagre 400k unit to the US only. Even as an ultra conservative estimate, I can't see them dropping below 600k initial shipment, and frankly I expect more in both shipment and demand given that Sony would have sold more than 2 million consoles on launch day if there was enough supply.