By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

chapset said:
phenom08 said:
I like this thread.

Lol people are crazy if they think the PS4 can do 1mill first week

Indeed. 1M first week is a lowball.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Amazing start for Sony and the PS4, now for Europe! Will the PS4 come out on top in the UK? and then for Japan. :)

Euphoria14 said:
chapset said:
phenom08 said:
I like this thread.

with 40% failure rate and 10% people buying to sell on ebay they'll be lucky to reach 700K, plus the X1 will kill any momentum the ps4 has next week same thing for the mario game comming out this year. So I think they might do 1mill sold to consummers by the end of march 2014. This is really a bad week for Sony :(

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
phenom08 said:
I like this thread.

Im not sure why you quoted me.

chapset said:
Euphoria14 said:
chapset said:
phenom08 said:
I like this thread.

with 40% failure rate and 10% people buying to sell on ebay they'll be lucky to reach 700K, plus the X1 will kill any momentum the ps4 has next week same thing for the mario game comming out this year. So I think they might do 1mill sold to consummers by the end of march 2014. This is really a bad week for Sony :(

I agree. They should just pack in up and go home.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
This is "shipped, not sold," right? Most official numbers are technically that and not actually how many customers bought the system.

Still, a million shipped in one week is pretty staggering in an of itself, especially considering that's just in America. The PS3 and 360 shipped a total of 1.7 and 1.5 million units, respectively, worldwide during their debut holiday quarter (though the PS3 wasn't even available in Europe until February of '07; they did ship 1.62M in Europe during that quarter, though). Of those, Sony shipped 1,030,000 PS3s to North America by the end of 2006, and of those, 690,000 were sold in the U.S. during the quarter according to the NPD. Whether the PS4 will have a better launch in the U.S. than the PS3 remains to be seen, but if they have to ship more before the current quarter is out, that means that the initial shipments had sold out or close to it, which could put it upwards of a million sold for the holidays. That they had to ship as many PS4s in the first week as they did for the PS3 during its whole launch quarter is an encouraging sign. Now, to see how Europe goes.

Overall, I think the system can get to around 2 million sold worldwide for the current quarter, based on general generation-over-generation sales growth, how much buzz the new systems are getting, the record number of preorders, and the extreme likelihood of Sony expanding their portion of the market share in all the key regions. However, the system isn't due in Japan until February, so that will diminish its sales for the current quarter by several hundred thousand units (the XBO won't come out there until then either, but Xbox never does well in Japan, so really only America and Europe matter).

Sold to customers. I think when Sony talked about shipments they say "sell in".

Currently playing:

phenom08 said:
chapset said:
phenom08 said:
I like this thread.

Im not sure why you quoted me.

to provide support, that's how I am, I support people :D

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

no surprise.
stores around me are sold out. Im trying to get a PS4 for my bros kid. hope by xmas ill manage.

Shadow1980 said:

Overall, I think the system can get to around 2 million sold worldwide for the current quarter, based on general generation-over-generation sales growth, how much buzz the new systems are getting, the record number of preorders, and the extreme likelihood of Sony expanding their portion of the market share in all the key regions. However, the system isn't due in Japan until February, so that will diminish its sales for the current quarter by several hundred thousand units (the XBO won't come out there until then either, but Xbox never does well in Japan, so really only America and Europe matter).

Considering NA is "MS country" and PS4 did so well there I am guessing that in it's stronghold of Europe it can surpass 1m easily in a couple or so weeks.

The timing of the Japanese launch is quite clever because it will give the system another significant sales boost in a few months, more so in a country where it's main opposition just about exist only in name.

MEGATONZZZZ