By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

Haha, Shu owning IGN.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Goddam! PS4 has hit the ground running.

PlaystaionGamer said:
fatslob-:O said:
Sony shall reap what it sows. They created an anti-PS3 and the market will respond accordingly.

what does that even mean?

People want a PS4 becuase Sony has supported the PS3 insanly well the last few years and are not ripping people off with the price of the system. 

PS4 was the opposite of what the PS3 was at the time of it's launch hence why the latest console is perforing better...... That's my guess.

This is amazing. $399USD is the magic number. Let's see how the X1 does. Neither have any killer exclusives until at least March as far as I can tell so it'll be interesting to see what difference $100 makes. Potential interest in Kinect and Microsoft's old DRM policies may have an effect too I guess.

Fusioncode said:
Haha, Shu owning IGN.

lol, thank god for twitter. Putting Journos in their place.

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
fatslob-:O said:
Sony shall reap what it sows. They created an anti-PS3 and the market will respond accordingly.

what does that even mean?

People want a PS4 becuase Sony has supported the PS3 insanly well the last few years and are not ripping people off with the price of the system. 

Sony supports consoles extremely well whether terrible or good and that's a good thing. By "anti-PS3" I mean the fact that it opposes the ideologies of the PS3. Expensive system, hard to program, is not a media device and all that other stuff. Everbody knows that the PS4 is a serious gaming console and that tells me that's pretty lean and mean compared to the PS3. 

The market will most likely vouch for the PS4 than they did for the PS3. 

hehehe

Wow.... I wasn't expecting this from the USA. If PS4 can post these sort of figures from what was it's weakest region then I'd imagine it could be even more amazing in Europe and Japan.

I find it quite odd, feels to me like waiting a few years longest to get the new console cycle in has really made people want the things. And while Xbox One figures could be pretty strong too Sony appear to have turned things around just by giving us better hardware, not making us buy a camera so it's cheaper and offering a better online subscription service. It's nice things like that are apparently making a difference now... especially PS+ which was always kinda forgotten.

So two thirds to Wii-U North American sales then. Will it surpass it next week? Or there are no available shipments?

PS4 could become the PS2-2! Exciting times!

And still almost two weeks to go for us poor europeans. :(

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.