By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

If you bought it from Amazon I'd be a little worried. Any where else you should be fine.

Around the Network

Mine works fine... played it over 15 hours lol

bf4 bundle from amazon.

I bought three my friend, my brother, and myself have not had any hardware issues.

The only things we have seen so far are;

PSN is very unstable right now - The whats new section and the network overview, recent, and related sections are not showing up under games at the moment. Every now and then the system kicks you to the primary position on the UI saying SCE is undergoing maintenance.

Warframe has a lock up issue - My friend noticed this first, his system locked up completely upon trying to launch the game. Required holding down the power button for about 10secs to turn off.

Battlefield 4 - Had one instance during online play where it completely kicked me out of the app and brought up a error page to forward to Sony .

Other than that we are all loving PS4.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Got mine at Gamestop, and it works fantastic.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

i can confirm mine's is still in its box i will be back here to give an update in a month and a half

Around the Network
pezus said:
I got 10, 5 of which went up in flames when I accidentally put them too close to the fireplace after having spilled gasoline on them.

I have exclusive footage of the incident.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Mine is working with no issues.

I can even log in to my Japanese account to use my Vita for remote play!

Been using mine since last night and it works.

I have ran into a few weird issues though.

• Sometimes when in PSN store or the top level of the XMB it will boot me back to the the section right next to "What's New"
  • When going into "Library" it shows no pictures. Sometimes also bumps me out. Right now whenever I clicked on one of the games it bumps me out.
  • Vita constantly loses connection with PS4. Don't know what is at fault here.
I wonder if my issues have to do with the software. It seems that way.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

mine is working fine(typing this post from my PS4) the only thingthat has happen to me was an error occurred while BF4 and I lost about 2-3 hours of campaign data._..

weaveworld said:

Since Amazon seems the way to go to determine the incredibly high failure rate of the Ps4, why don't we see for ourselves how badly manufactured this console actually is.

Did you buy a PS4 and if so, does it work like a charm... or not?

you should keep updating this thread by adding the names of the people who bought the ps4 and its status to the OP. so we can see how many people have it in relation to how many broke.

I got my PS4 from the MCX and it works.

my count is 18 ps4's in this thread, with 1 being broken. (that is if Rolstoppable actually has ps4's, which seems hard to believe)

so 5.5% failure rate in this thread

edit: +4 consoles so 22, that makes 4.5% failure rate.