By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

Bought mine from Amazon and it works fine.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:

I have 7 working flawlessly and none of my 58 friends have had any issues with theirs. Everything's great.

lol why do you need 7.

Got mine from Amazon. Had some issue with the HDMI port initially, but it's working fine now.

works great, ive had zero problems

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Max King of the Wild said:

Right now, its about 34% (448 failed out of 1290 sold) failure rate (if the reviews are true) which is better than the 40% it was this morning... 

Uh huh

Like I said... It was 40% this morning:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/16/social-media-making-it-hard-to-gauge-scope-of-ps4s-technical-difficulties/

"Amazon, for example, has about 600 reviews of the PlayStation 4 launch edition up right now. The console is sitting at about 3 out of 5 stars, not due to middling scores, but because of 320 five star reviews and 260 one star reviews. Nearly all of the one star reviews are complaining about faulty hardware. Does that mean that the PS4 has a 40% failure rate? Of course not. "

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
mutantclown said:

I have 7 working flawlessly and none of my 58 friends have had any issues with theirs. Everything's great.

lol why do you need 7.

7 multiplied by PS4 = PS28......duh. He skipped a few generations.

Figgycal said:

Shouldn't there be a poll for this type of thing?

That would mean everyone gets a vote... yeah, good suggestion ;p

Mine works fine.

BasilZero said:

I bought mine but some damn canadian random guy broke it :(

what a bish T.T

Dat ass!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I actually went through this thread, and as of this post only 2 people (in this thread) have reported dead consoles (1 if Rol wasn't being serious). So, out of roughly 40-50 users (for those reporting of friends) then the failure rate is an estimated (w/ error) 3.33% which falls in line with Sony's reported 0.4% failure rate (Huge discrepancy between estimated and reported but acceptable with proper error analysis).

Also, don't add a poll as it opens a window for trolls. False input is a better doubt than anonymous input.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)