By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

Since Amazon seems the way to go to determine the incredibly high failure rate of the Ps4, why don't we see for ourselves how badly manufactured this console actually is.

Did you buy a PS4 and if so, does it work like a charm... or not?

edit: To those asking for a poll... this forum is anonymous enough for rol to buy 2 Ps4's!

HEADCOUNT JUST IN:

UPDATE : Included Darthtigris' cousin's (1) good, (1) DOA PS4. Will remove if he fails to post in this thread.

(61) VGC members with a PS4 and (2) casualties.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 3.28%
-----------------------

(40) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (1) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 2.5%
------------------------

(101) total PS4 reported on VGC with (3) casualties.

Total failure rate = 2.97%

I've taken the liberty of excluding posts from people that might be just for lulz. No one in particular though. Most of these confirmations are from United States citizens according to their profile.

This means so far 96-97% hardware proof. Aside from some HDMI issues that can be solved and some complaints on software level.

Around the Network

*grabs big bag of nuts*

Oh and people ... pics or it didn't happen. :P

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Mine works just fine.

It works like a charm ;), bough it at best buy

Shouldn't there be a poll for this type of thing?

Around the Network

I would like to read some horror stories.

Mine burst into flames and killed my cat, my dog and left the entire neighborhood without electricity or clean water.

Ill update on monday

morenoingrato said:

Mine burst into flames and killed my cat, my dog and left the entire neighborhood without electricity or clean water.

Same thing happned with my console. However, what makes my experience particularly horrible is the fact that the console performed those attrocities before I even purchased the damn thing!

Have two in my house and both work fine. The games on the other hand, they have a lot of little bugs.