By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

Euphoria14 said:
Somini said:
Euphoria14 said:

(53) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 1.89%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(90) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.11%.

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.

I love your report. It's factual, unlike that of some other users around here ;)

I did one for Amazon last night in another thread. Of course though it was comparing ALL 1 star votes across all their PS4 bundles to the 1M total sold as reported by Sony. I mentioned that if Amazon is indeed an isolated incident it only equals out to ~.066% failure rate.

Of course there will be more than just those, but no way is it around the 30-40% some were thinking at first.

From what I am seeing the reports only seemed to be incredibly widespread because SO many consoles were sold in such a short amount of time. 

Someone else also mentioned how Sony tech support said they had a waiting line of 800 calls about DOA consoles. Even then, if we bumped it up to 1,000 consoles DOA it would only be a 0.1% failure rate. Bump it to 10,000 consoles DOA and you're talking only 1%.

Very true.  Sony has also given out an official number of 0.4%.  I would imagine after a few weeks it may jump to 1%, but that would still be a great number for any piece of HW.  It's better than the PS3's launch, and I believe it matches or betters the Wii's launch.  And MUCH better than the 360's ~33%-50% failure rate, though any launch can't be worse than that one.   

I just hope these same people blowing this out of proportion will be there for the Xbox One launch.  Or will they stay relatively quiet?

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Still, even if it were true or even 10x as bad as that claim it would be nowhere near as bad as people were trying to make it seem. Although we won't know for 100% certain until at least a couple weeks from now.

Haven't you heard? 400,000 Ps4's DoA!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172387&page=1#

Max King of the Wild said:
Euphoria14 said:

Still, even if it were true or even 10x as bad as that claim it would be nowhere near as bad as people were trying to make it seem. Although we won't know for 100% certain until at least a couple weeks from now.

Haven't you heard? 400,000 Ps4's DoA!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172387&page=1#

Still 600,000 working.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I have 1 with no problems

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Mine works perfectly.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Bought 1...no issues

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

And your point being, its a launch its going to have problems, did everyone forget about the red ring of death on 360 that thing was mostly likely the worst issue, ps4 issues is nothing compared to that and but its expected, nothing ever goes smoothly at launch for both microsoft and Sony, examples being 360 and currently the ps4.

UPDATE:

(57) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 1.75%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(94) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.06%.

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I bought 100 and 90 of them are dead.

Recalculate please.

walsufnir said:
Why don't people who received one don't make a thread about it? Pics, experiences, TV setups, all the stuff...

I'm going to write up a mini review this week some time (I might wait until I get a bigger TV though...)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League