By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

Mine is working great.

Around the Network

Bought one on Amazon, no problems.

I've been playing one all weekend. It's not mine, though, it's my friends. He left it here so I could download some games for him, since he doesn't have internet at the moment. Only had a few problems right after the update where some apps (not games) would close out for no real reason. This seemed to stop happening the next day, though. Had trouble connecting while playing Blacklight. Once I did connect, that game didn't really impress me. Warframe, on the other hand, didn't give me any problems and is a blast to play.

So yea, no real HW problems to report. And we've had it on for over 24 hrs straight playing and downloading.

(53) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 1.89%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(90) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.11%.

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

-----------------------

------------------------

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.

I love your report. It's factual, unlike that of some other users around here ;)

Around the Network
Somini said:
Euphoria14 said:

-----------------------

------------------------

I love your report. It's factual, unlike that of some other users around here ;)

I did one for Amazon last night in another thread. Of course though it was comparing ALL 1 star votes across all their PS4 bundles to the 1M total sold as reported by Sony. I mentioned that if Amazon is indeed an isolated incident it only equals out to ~.066% failure rate.

Of course there will be more than just those, but no way is it around the 30-40% some were thinking at first.

From what I am seeing the reports only seemed to be incredibly widespread because SO many consoles were sold in such a short amount of time. 

Someone else also mentioned how Sony tech support said they had a waiting line of 800 calls about DOA consoles. Even then, if we bumped it up to 1,000 consoles DOA it would only be a 0.1% failure rate. Bump it to 10,000 consoles DOA and you're talking only 1%.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

My PS4 is working like a charm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
My PS4 is working like a charm.

Can we get a broken PS4 around here?!

--------------------------

(54) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 1.85%
-----------------------

------------------------

(91) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.1%.

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:

Someone else also mentioned how Sony tech support said they had a waiting line of 800 calls about DOA consoles. Even then, if we bumped it up to 1,000 consoles DOA it would only be a 0.1% failure rate. Bump it to 10,000 consoles DOA and you're talking only 1%.

I don't believe that for a second though. First of all, I find it hard to believe the Customer Service Rep would be discussing numbers. Secondly, if they were that backed up I doubt the rep would be having a casual conversation with someone about the numbers

Max King of the Wild said:
Euphoria14 said:

I don't believe that for a second though. First of all, I find it hard to believe the Customer Service Rep would be discussing numbers. Secondly, if they were that backed up I doubt the rep would be having a casual conversation with someone about the numbers

Oh they definitely would. If you said to a rep "I see a lot of people are having the same issue as I am" I wouldn't be shocked if he responded with a roundabout number.

While not the same company, when I called Alienware about my laptop problem I had a long wait time. When I got on the phone I was like "You guys must be busy today huh?" and he responded "Yeah, I must have had over 60 calls today."

Still, even if it were true or even 10x as bad as that claim it would be nowhere near as bad as people were trying to make it seem. Although we won't know for 100% certain until at least a couple weeks from now.

Currently playing: