By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

brendude13 said:
I bought 100 and 90 of them are dead.

Recalculate please.

UPDATE:

(157) VGC members with a PS4 and (91) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 58%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(194) total PS4 reported on VGC with (91) casualty.

Total failure rate = 46.9%.

* This update is 100% false because Brendude13 is 100% full of shit.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
brendude13 said:
I bought 100 and 90 of them are dead.

Recalculate please.

UPDATE:

(157) VGC members with a PS4 and (91) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 58%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(194) total PS4 reported on VGC with (91) casualty.

Total failure rate = 46.9%.

* This update is 100% false because Brendude13 is 100% full of shit.

That's exactly what I wanted to see.

I swear if mine breaks and I have to send 2 back to Sony I'll be pissed. Damn 200% failure rate.

Just read this review on Amazon, its from a non certified buyer of course, it made me laught

"I am ashamed at sony. I recently ordered a launch edition ps quadruple. I was making a 100% true and original unboxing video on youtube unlike anybody else when I noticed it was wobbling. I plugged in the ps quadruple and right away I noticed that I got the red line of death. My wife and kids immediately saw this and now she wants a divorce because she told me not to buy launch edition ps quadruples."

Realy even the ppl saying that the problem is with the Amazon bought PS4s are delusional, there are more ppl with defective PS4s from Amazon cause Amazon sold a bazillion PS4s, theres like 300-400 reviews in there that are serious about DOAs PS4s, thats less than 1% of the consoles sold on Amazon.

I bought 10,000 PS4s and then set them all on fire!

I hope that's covered in the warranty.

Around the Network

Anyone who uses Amazon's reviews as a metric (not saying you are, because clearly you aren't), better be reading every single review for the label 'Amazon Verified Purchaser.'  The problem is, anyone can post a review on Amazon, but only those who ordered the item through amazon get the aforementioned label.  And when you don't have that label, things like this happen.  So, I wonder how many of those reviews are from actual owners, and not trolls.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1KUBJU8HI0RXQ/ref=cm_pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

The above is merely 1 example, and he posted a 1 star review for 5 launch bundles.

Got a PS4 from amazon.com and it does indeed work!

One issue I had was with the netflix app freezing the system about three times, so I had to do a hard reset, I think had something to do with downloading DC universe in the background, since that game did not successfully download.

The packaging from amazon was also good with no noticeable damage to the shipping box or the inner PS4 box. The build quality is all very good on everything but the included mono headset, and HDMI cable both of them feel cheaply made.

So overall not a nightmare experience like some have had from buying from amazon.

Robbie2010 said:
SxyxS said:
Robbie2010 said:
Mine works fine no issues as of yet. Linked with Vita and that works also.

how does remote play works(1-10scale)?

7 i would say because if i shut down the console completely i cannot turn it back on using the vita.

I remmember playing Shadow of the Colossus on the Vita. Is it better or worse than that?

wow... sounds like PS4 going to be doom very soon...

Mine is fine, its still in mint condition at a warehouse somewhere in the world, yet to be imported...

(Looks at the lack of cash in his wallet)

... yet to be purchased... -_-