By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those NOT getting a next gen system at launch...?

Wii U - Already have.

PS4 - Probably at some point since the price is not outrageous this time around, but not in any hurry all the same.

Xbox 1 - I didn't buy a Kinect for my 360, so the forced extra $100 on the purchase price makes this the least desirable for me. I really enjoy the Halo & Gears of War games so maybe in the way out future.

Around the Network

X1- Once the price drops to $400 or lower. Tons of good games on the horizon but the price is just a little too steep.

PS4- Probably after The Order comes out. Infamous is going to be hard to resist but I'm not going to buy the console just for one must-have game.

Wii U- After Smash/MK come out. Maybe sooner if I see a good deal.

Wii U this Christmas, Xbox One within the next 2 years and PS4 sometime after that. Seeing as I don't have the money for the Wii U, I'm counting on getting money that I may not get and cmbining that with money that my brothers may not get, so I might not get any before next year

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I'm probably getting a ps4 during the summer of 2015,cause my brother has some crussial exams until then and I don't want to distract him.That's the only console I'm getting cause I dont have a lot of munny.As for handhelds,I bought a pokemon xy special edition red 3ds xl last month but I haven't bought pokemon y yet.

Got a Wii U for MH3U.

XBO… It's too bad. This was almost the most innovative console this generation, but MS has decided to use the interface mostly as a TV remote while keeping the same old gamepad as the default game interface. Kinect 2.0 games are bound to be mostly more of the same cynical "casual" fare, although I'd love to be proven wrong. Nothing this console offers justifies the $500 price tag and I don't see that changing for a while.

PS4, I'll likely do what I did with the PS3 and wait until the hardware and software are dirt cheap near end of life. It tends to attract a few more interesting software titles than Microsoft's console.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

WiiU - probably never. It somehow fails to impress me.

PS4 - by the time enough games I'm interested in are available. Probably not going to happen within the next half year.

Xbone - if enough exclusive games I'm interested in are available. Probably never going to happen though. I'd buy multiplatform titles for PS4 anyway (because PS4 is more powerful and will thus deliver the better experience), and the typical Xbox exclusives (=Forza, Fable and Halo) usually bore the shit out of me.

I'll look into a PS4 when 1886 (is that the name of the game?) comes out and it has its first price drop.

I'll get XBone if my friends get one and it also drops in price.

Got a Wii U and 3DS

No interest in Vita (sorry).

As much as some of the hardcore MS fans and microsoft's PR bullshit pisses me off, I might be getting x1 over ps4 first in 2014/2015. I game primarily on my rig and its powerful enough to satisfy my 1080p 60fps shooters. I just want to play some console exculsives and get some of the extra functionalities like the x1 insanity, kinect, TV offerings etc.

To sum it up, I'll get both consoles when they're cheap but x1 first because I won't be buying a console for games. I have a PC for that.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

PS4: When the slim releases

WiiU: Already have one

One: Never

Vita: This Christmas/ early next year

3DS: own one already

Super pricey PC come February when more next gen games are out so I know what to aim for.
As for actual consoles? Maybe the PS4 at some point if it has any revolutionary exclusive games (eg. a new Journey or Beyond Two Souls etc), but seeing that PC's are now at the end of 8th Gen games, I would feel like a fool to invest in a console straight off the bat when I can build my own PC.