By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those NOT getting a next gen system at launch...?

ok thx for including wii u (I already own one)...
I've preordered a ps4 (did it months back) but now the day is approaching I'm having serious second thoughts (I live in australia...not coming out here 'til 29th)...I've already been contacted by the shop from which I'd ordered and been informed they'll definately have a machine in stock for me day one, which excited me at the time, but I really think I should cancel and wait a year (or at least a little while)...
Y'see, when I placed my initial order I was impressed with the launch price and I think I had higher expectations of what games would be available at launch. I was convinced that for once a console was gonna launch with several A grade titles and get better from there...I can already see this isn't the case. It's just another crappy underwhelming launch really (though I guess that depends on personal taste so I can see why some more dedicated folk my not have lost their enthusiasm). I wanted knack and look how that's turned out. Other than that the only game I'd purchase would be (mebbe) assassin's creed 4 and I'm pretty confident I'd be just as entertained if I bought that game on one of the machines I already own...don't get me wrong, I'm 100% certain I'll own a ps4 in the next 12-18 months, if not sooner...just don't see the point in purchasing one so damn soon.

Around the Network

At some time in 2014: major PC upgrade (I'll make it mid-low price and low power consumption, but at least as powerful as an 8th gen console and with more RAM, so I'll have to wait for some of the hype for the new APUs to settle down, to avoid excessive costs).
PSV: when it will cost less than 130€ with a 16GB memory stick and it will have more games. And obviously when I'll have time to play with it too, because now I barely find it for PC games.
Other 8th gen consoles: maybe later, I could consider a PS4 when its price will be quite lower than at launch and when GT7 will have been already launched.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

1994 - SNES
1998 - PS1
2001 - PS2
2008 - PSP
2009 - PS3
2010 - Wii
2012 - PSV
2013 - 3DS, PS4
2014 - WiiU or X1
2015 - WiiU or X1

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

PS4: Should have it sometime today
Xbox One: never
WiiU: I want a reason to get one. There isn't one yet.
Ouya: LOL

I am the Playstation Avenger.

WiiU - own
3DS - own
Vita - probably never
X1 - sometime after Xmas as a family media/gaming system
PS4 - when uncharted 4 or the next God of war is released

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller

Around the Network

I'll get the ps4 sometime around the middle of next year. I just usually like to wait for the right amount of content to come out,before I jump on the bandwagon. If they surprise announce GTAV are something like that for the ps4,then I'll double dip and get the ps4 sooner,but I doubt that's going to happen.

3DS at somepoint in 2014.

Then PS4 sometime after the first price cut or whenever Uncharted comes out
Wii U is likely later but not getting Xbox One.

Already have a Vita.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

WiiU - already bought and sold on, one of the worst purchases for me
Xbox1 - possibly in a couple of years
PS4 - cancelled pre order due to still having GT6 and dark souls to play before i buy a PS4

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

wii u - mainline zelda no stupid hd remake even tho might get :P

xbox one - hmm, prob never. possible like 2020

ps4 - soon. need more game + see if problems bad.

Wii U- was day 1, kinda regretting it actually, I mean, it's fine now since it actually has games, and good ones at that, but that 3/4 year drought was pretty shitty TBH and I could have gotten one off ebay for a lot cheaper.

PS4- after Wii U, not gonna be fooled again, unless I see The Last of Us 2, not even Uncharted will do it for me. I'm not touching that shit any time soon due to my hate of pay to play online type of business, it's fucking whore shit.

X1- no first party games I truly care about in sight, pay to play online still, 500 USD due to Kinect 2 which is even more whore shittish, never again will I own a MS console unless some crazy miracle happens.