By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2013 NPD Thread! 3DS: 452k, 360: 166k

Soundwave said:
trestres said:
Lol at Nintendo not sharing the WiiU numbers, they must have been catastrophic.

The last paragraphs simply embarrass me. The desperation Nintendo is showing with regards to its home console is alarming.

3DS doing good, Pokemon overtracked by around a million, but if we add all of the Americas that may go down to 800k or so.

Perhaps we're looking at sub-100k hardware sales for Wii U I think. 

Yup, remember September had 1 more week. Looks like price cut move bombed. Nintendo is running out of options. The carnage that the next yearly results will be...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
trestres said:
Lol at Nintendo not sharing the WiiU numbers, they must have been catastrophic.

The last paragraphs simply embarrass me. The desperation Nintendo is showing with regards to its home console is alarming.

3DS doing good, Pokemon overtracked by around a million, but if we add all of the Americas that may go down to 800k or so.

Perhaps we're looking at sub-100k hardware sales for Wii U I think. 

I am sure Nintendo would have mentionned it in their PR if the wiiU was up over last month. Even if it were by only 10k.

That would be a disaster full on if it's down month over month. They had the Zelda bundle for the full month + Wii Party U + Just Dance 2014 + Sonic: Lost World + Batman (some decent software). 

Brace yourselves for bad wii u numbers from cream sugar. I'm gonna say 65k

Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:
3ds and 2ds steam rolling the competition

LOL, yeah take that 8 year old 360 and 7 year old PS3! And Vita (lol). 

The competetion is really weak for the time being. 

450k is still an excellent number for the month of October. It also proves that the 2DS is actually helping a lot the 3ds overall sales.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:

its going to outsell the ps4 and x1 too this month, its doing very well. dont deny it

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:

450k is still an excellent number for the month of October. It also proves that the 2DS is actually helping a lot the 3ds overall sales.

Well yeah. I think this is the peak performance for the system, it's Nintendo basically throwing every possible thing they can to move 3DS -- 3D Pokemon, new model revision, and X/Y bundles too (don't forget those) in the same month. 

The crazy thing is the DS put up numbers like this is just a regular October, lol, it's insane how much harder Nintendo has to work to get similar numbers even for one month. 

$99 2DS Black Friday could shift some insane amounts too for November.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Soundwave said:
benji232 said:
Soundwave said:
bobgamez said:

Well yeah. I think this is the peak performance for the system, it's Nintendo basically throwing every possible thing they can to move 3DS -- 3D Pokemon, new model revision, and X/Y bundles too (don't forget those) in the same month. 

The crazy thing is the DS put up numbers like this is just a regular October, lol, it's insane how much harder Nintendo has to work to get similar numbers even for one month. 

there was no bundle in US

Can't wait for next month. Will 3DS steamroll everyone, will PS4 outsell WiiU's lifetime sales, will XBone. And can Mario save the WiiU

bobgamez said:

its going to outsell the ps4 and x1 too this month, its doing very well. dont deny it

You think the 3ds will match oct sales without pokemon? And on top of which you expect less than 450k of ps4/x1?